Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 21-01-09, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='phatarmo62'
If you lose your password, couldn't you just hold the reset button on your router? You have to do some basic setup again, but its so easy now. I feel like that solves the problem for most cases...
Surely those who intend to buy this software, which costs 1000 dollar do not have any intention to recovering their own password, considering how easy it is to reset your own router

But considering this is a Russian release, I suspect bootleg copies of this software up and running in no time...

Сумасшедшие русские,

-HypoG

Old 21-01-09, 09:50 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Pseudonym'
Is it me, or do you think the recovery of lost passwords line might just be an attempt to disguise the fact that they are cracking tools.

The testing of your system protection makes some sense, but even that is dubious.

It's just someone trying to market a legally gray product.
Yep, they will call it an icecream maker if they could, but sadly it can't do that . This will most likely be classed as a trojan anyway, I was doing some cracking to my own network with Linux, a whole day and nothing. Useless, until someone finds out how to decrypt the packets sent over networks perfectly, we're going to have to wait a long long time.
Old 21-01-09, 11:27 AM
OC3D Crew

What good is having an bruteforce cracking software if its gonna be desktop based?

Lets go war-driving with a ****ing desktop.

Oh and password lists can be created using every character for 8 digit passwords very easily but it is the smart people the use calculations to work out the combinations that wont be used. Dictionary size shrinks by a third or so.

If at first you don't succeed, buy a new part
Old 21-01-09, 12:01 PM
OC3D Elite

Here is an accurate representation of someone trying to do it with their computer: (not shown miles of wires behind them or the resultant back pain)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gpucrack.jpg (29.7 KB, 13 views)

i7 3930K 4.5GHz -EK Supreme HF- Rampage IV Extreme EK Blocks - 32GB 1600MHz RAM - 680GTX SLI Koolance Blocks - Creative Titanium Pro - TJ07B-W - TCubed BigNG - 240GB SSD - 3TB HD - Dual Loop
Old 21-01-09, 03:32 PM
OC3D Elite

Reps for the pic tbh !

Old 21-01-09, 03:34 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Diablo'
But then you would have some idiot complaining to some poor OEM because he's lost the piece of paper he wrote the password down on and lockec himself out.
Fair comment, but what about instead of a perminent lockout, u get a 3 hour lockout.

Old 21-01-09, 05:29 PM
OC3D Crew

but as Nathan said, it tries to decode the packets rather than log in to the router. So, the whole lock out after so many incorrect tries will just affect those too stupid to remember their password and those who don't know how to use a sniffer and brute force combo, and instead try common passwords.

Either way, no great loss.