Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat > Serious Discussion
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 19-01-09, 05:21 PM
Youngie1337 Youngie1337 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rugby
Posts: 2,625
Job

Having some problems with job atm, looking for somewhere else to work. Has anyone got a good website that will give good results. I have tried Monster and the likes, nothing really shown.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 19-01-09, 05:23 PM
Freak Freak is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 951
Reed.co.uk

Just apply like i did

Look for employment agencys near you.

My CV got passed to an agency who do perm and temp work.

Burton Bolton & Rose

Worth a shot.
__________________
Asus Sabertooth x58 | Intel i7 950 1366 | EVGA GTX 570 | Corsair cmx12gx3m3a1600c9 9-9-9-24 1600mhz 1.65v | Noctua NH-U12P | Corsair TX850 | Antec 300
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 19-01-09, 07:47 PM
nathan nathan is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,798
its pretty difficult atm. Although i have a job interview tomorrow

what sort of work you after? IT related?
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 19-01-09, 07:49 PM
Youngie1337 Youngie1337 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rugby
Posts: 2,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='nathan'
its pretty difficult atm. Although i have a job interview tomorrow

what sort of work you after? IT related?
Yes more than likely. I'm looking for a job anywhere really atm, I don't care tbh.

Just some way to make the papers lol.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 19-01-09, 07:57 PM
nathan nathan is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Youngie1337'
Yes more than likely. I'm looking for a job anywhere really atm, I don't care tbh.

Just some way to make the papers lol.
ok matey, main ones i use are;

monster.co.uk

fish4jobs.co.uk

itjobpages.co.uk
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 19-01-09, 08:04 PM
Rastalovich's Avatar
Rastalovich Rastalovich is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Testing hardware somewhere
Posts: 11,419
Way I look at the current climate, be sure ur in a job whilst u look for another one.

So many places looking to make reductions. My own job has changed slightly, has a more electronic edge to it, but to be fair, with the raise and a contract renewal under the belt, I'd sweep the floor if they wanted me to. (whilst looking for something else obviously )

Seeing some contracts being terminated around me and some "voluntary" redundancies - I'm being paid, and that's all that matters atm
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 19-01-09, 08:18 PM
nathan nathan is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Rastalovich'
Way I look at the current climate, be sure ur in a job whilst u look for another one.

So many places looking to make reductions. My own job has changed slightly, has a more electronic edge to it, but to be fair, with the raise and a contract renewal under the belt, I'd sweep the floor if they wanted me to. (whilst looking for something else obviously )

Seeing some contracts being terminated around me and some "voluntary" redundancies - I'm being paid, and that's all that matters atm
exactly, look at number 1. Its a dog eat dog world!
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 19-01-09, 09:44 PM
mrapoc mrapoc is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Shropshire
Posts: 5,671
the job seeking gov one?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 19-01-09, 10:49 PM
Youngie1337 Youngie1337 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rugby
Posts: 2,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='mrapoc'
the job seeking gov one?
Tried, has 2 jobs in which I would be willing to do. This is a small town we have a town in which has 1 of each store, and they normally close down quickly.

I have tried widening my job seeking to say 20miles out. Still nothing at the moment, have applied for 6 jobs so far, all within IT. Hopefully I get one,
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT. The time now is 05:10 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.