Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Processors & Platforms > Mainboard & CPU

Old 13-01-09, 07:17 PM

I stick my hands up for the CoolerMaster 690. I got that for Xmas and moved everything over a few days after. It's a spacious mid-tower, with excellent cable management as it has a hole right by the PSU, and also has a total of 6-7 fans (depends whether you choose one with a side panel or not), but all the fans are 120mm-140mm so gives a good opportunity for a quietPC . No complaints at all - got my Q6600 idling at 31 degrees and my 8800GT on 34 degrees with minimal noise.

Old 13-01-09, 07:36 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Ham'
It's ICH10 and its the southbridge :whack:

If you need an extra Ethernet connection just chuck in a NIC, theyre stupidly cheap now and you may as well use the PCI slot for somthing.
*slaps head* I said southbridge but corrected it to northbridge for some reason :/

And about the cases, I can recommend both the CM centurion 690 and the CM HAF 932. I've worked with the centurion 590, which is similar to the 690 and it worked pretty well. Some minor cons, but nothing really bad.

I own the HAF932 and have got to admit I just love it. It's a bit on the pricey wide for 550 GBP though.

Old 13-01-09, 10:37 PM

lol monkey i cant afford that much haha

cool ill have a look at the cool master 690...........

it dont look bad for £52 i may enquire about that and add it to the maybe list lol

my MAIN concern is the mobo still though tis gotta be the hardest thing to choose i may go for the Asus P5Q PRO i will read reviews about it, is it easy to set the bios up and get it all going? And how do i go about adding another LAN thing to it on the PCI slot n were do i get teh thing from lol :P
Old 13-01-09, 10:42 PM
OC3D Elite

Setting a motherboard up is easy as pie. Connect all the components and everything runs at stock. Overclocking on the other hand... You'd have to ask someone else about skt775.

You should be able to retrieve a LAN card about anywhere. I have got a few old ones (PCI) lying around and I guess shops sell them for around 5-10 GBP.

Old 13-01-09, 10:50 PM

ok cool i have read a few reviews on asus p5q pro and there are a few bad reviews saying there boards didnt even work & it overheated & stuff wasnt in the right place etc.. lol everytime i seem to find a board i like i always find bad stuff and it puts me off

how the hell am i going to get over this casue i dont want it to fail as i need the pc but IF i can help it i dont want to go and buy one from a shop casue there rubbish lol
Old 14-01-09, 05:23 PM

i am trying to find more money from somewere and may have bit more to add towards the mobo if i can lol
Old 14-01-09, 07:58 PM
OC3D Crew

P5Q is excelent, every piece of hardware will have one bad thing, I say go with it, if it fails (unlikely) RMA it, easy enough, I had a replacement motherboard out to me within 48hours once
Old 14-01-09, 08:01 PM

sorry but what does RMA mean? blonde day haha
Old 14-01-09, 08:09 PM
OC3D Elite

Return Materials Authorisation. Basically means you send back broken / damaged items.

Old 14-01-09, 08:15 PM

ah ok thanx haha if i buy it from any site it will do that then?, when i buy all parts i take it everythink will come with cables that i need to hook it all up 2 gether? would i need to buy any extra fans to keep anything cool or should it stay resonable as it is?