Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 25-09-08, 09:24 PM
TopSecret TopSecret is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 876
I'm sure you need to be at least 16 to set up a direct debit mandate, but I could be wrong? When you open a paypal account, you need to fill in a DD mandate and/or register your credit card details, so I am 99% sure you are snookered but don't quote me on it

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 25-09-08, 09:27 PM
gotmaxpower gotmaxpower is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='stuartpb'
I'm sure you need to be at least 16 to set up a direct debit mandate, but I could be wrong? When you open a paypal account, you need to fill in a DD mandate and/or register your credit card details, so I am 99% sure you are snookered but don't quote me on it
:eyes:
__________________
Professional OC3D/OCN lurker
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 25-09-08, 09:29 PM
TopSecret TopSecret is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 876
Just checked, you need a current account for direct debits and minimum age is indeed 16. Couldn't you get your parents to set up a paypal account?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 25-09-08, 09:31 PM
Rastalovich's Avatar
Rastalovich Rastalovich is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Testing hardware somewhere
Posts: 11,416
If it's of any use, one of the payment links uses a bank transfer payment, friend of mine used the same site for a charity run. It's the one that shows a thermometer on it.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 25-09-08, 09:31 PM
gotmaxpower gotmaxpower is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='stuartpb'
Just checked, you need a current account for direct debits and minimum age is indeed 16. Couldn't you get your parents to set up a paypal account?
My parents only own one credit card which is for my dads business and I can only use it on rare occasions (once a year maybe..).

Unless its possible to set the paypal account up using my bank account, and my parents can do all of the written contracts etc.?
__________________
Professional OC3D/OCN lurker
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 25-09-08, 09:34 PM
TopSecret TopSecret is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 876
Wouldn't do any good I'm afraid, your bank account needs to be a current account, which is different to a savings account (which I am pretty sure you will have).
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 25-09-08, 09:36 PM
gotmaxpower gotmaxpower is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='stuartpb'
Wouldn't do any good I'm afraid, your bank account needs to be a current account, which is different to a savings account (which I am pretty sure you will have).
So, am I still elegible to sell things using bank transfers? I have a bunch of old games that I'm sure someone will be interested in...
__________________
Professional OC3D/OCN lurker
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 25-09-08, 09:39 PM
TopSecret TopSecret is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 876
I don't think so, I am sure you can't accept or carry out bank transfers unless you have a current account. Savings accounts are limited to paying money in/out over the counter and at cash points, but that's the only way you can use your money. With a current account, you get less interest, but you have access to the full range of bank services.

Also, as you cannot set up direct debits, you couldn't open an ebay account anyways.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 25-09-08, 09:43 PM
gotmaxpower gotmaxpower is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='stuartpb'
I don't think so, I am sure you can't accept or carry out bank transfers unless you have a current account. Savings accounts are limited to paying money in/out over the counter and at cash points, but that's the only way you can use your money. With a current account, you get less interest, but you have access to the full range of bank services.

Also, as you you cannot set up direct debits, you couldn't open an ebay account anyways.
Aww crap. Wanted to get rid of a bunch of PSP and 360 games.

Thanks for the info though, its appreciated.
__________________
Professional OC3D/OCN lurker
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 26-09-08, 12:20 AM
Bungral Bungral is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,385
Postal orders / cheques???
__________________
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4700mhz - 47 x 100MHz Mobo: MSI P67A GD65 GPU: EVGA GTX 570 RAM: 2 x 4GB Mushkin LV 1.35v 1600MHz DDR3 HDD: 3 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3's Case: CoolerMaster ATCS 840 - Custom House of Kolor paint job. PSU: Corsair HX750 Cooling: Custom WC - XSPC Delta V3, PA120.3, DDC Ultra with XSPC Res Top, 3/8" XSPC UV Green Tubing over 1/2" Barbs OS: Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 64-Bit
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT. The time now is 08:31 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.