Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 16-09-08, 09:06 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Rastalovich'

Can't see how not wasting money there when we'd waste it somewhere else anyway is gonna get me 50 trigabit connections tho.
Made me chuckle.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4700mhz - 47 x 100MHz Mobo: MSI P67A GD65 GPU: EVGA GTX 570 RAM: 2 x 4GB Mushkin LV 1.35v 1600MHz DDR3 HDD: 3 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3's Case: CoolerMaster ATCS 840 - Custom House of Kolor paint job. PSU: Corsair HX750 Cooling: Custom WC - XSPC Delta V3, PA120.3, DDC Ultra with XSPC Res Top, 3/8" XSPC UV Green Tubing over 1/2" Barbs OS: Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 64-Bit
Old 16-09-08, 09:20 PM
OC3D Elite

Well, maybe if the government stopped financing people to have kids...you know the sort of people I mean...shell suit and pushchair and happy 13th birthday card.

i7 3930K 4.5GHz -EK Supreme HF- Rampage IV Extreme EK Blocks - 32GB 1600MHz RAM - 680GTX SLI Koolance Blocks - Creative Titanium Pro - TJ07B-W - TCubed BigNG - 240GB SSD - 3TB HD - Dual Loop
Old 16-09-08, 09:26 PM
OC3D Elite

Think the govt would be very unpopular if we could ear-mark what we want our taxes spent on.

Think also Diablo`s subjects would get upset when I don`t tick their box, but opt for 1000 miles of optical cable and underline it, twice.

Old 16-09-08, 09:45 PM

Agreed that the government should not finance the change themselves, but something more along the lines of forcing all of the ISP's to put money in and get one company to do the whole lot would be a reasonable compromise
Old 16-09-08, 10:25 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:

The government wastes TOO much money on sending help to Africa, they can't support themselves so yes we try to help them out but I am starting to realise.. as I have been told by my dad which makes sence to me now, we are never going to see a return on that money, we are NEVER going to get aid if we need it from them so why should we help them out? I don't see the point in sending billions over to them to try and help them when all they do is go in with different people every night and spread the HIV/AIDS!
Better than our GOV. Our country is on the very fast verge of failing and them greedy corrupt s arent doing anything about it. North Texas is going to be without gas for at least a week when our stations run out. Meaning im not going to be able to make it to work and i gotta hope like hell my check is enough to buy food to feed my baby at least.
Old 16-09-08, 10:45 PM
OC3D Elite

we should pull out of iraq, stop giving aid to other countries, and build our own back up

we once owned 1/3'rd of the worlds surface

why dont we still?!

even if that aim is a little silly, then maybe we should atleast try and catch up with japan, we used to be the most advanced country in the world, and we arnt anymore?

summet wrong there...

we should be the influence here...not the country thats getting ignored, and its gettin that way, the UK isnt a super power anymore..
Old 16-09-08, 11:15 PM
OC3D Elite

I think ISP networks are already heavily overloaded and most people only have around 4mb. Imagine the caps that would come into place if people had 100mb.

I am quite happy with my 8mb connection for the minute.

8GB DDR3 - M4 64GB SSD - Corsair HX520W - Dell 24"

Logitech G5 - Logitech Z-5500 - Sennheisser HD555

Macbook Pro 13" 2011, 4GB DDR3, M4 128GB SSD
Old 16-09-08, 11:21 PM
OC3D Crew

I'm on 2mb i think. It doesn't bother me all that much, i've pretty much always get the lowest ping on game servers and my downloads are always quite speedy. I wouldn't mind a faster upload, but i can live with what i've got.
Old 16-09-08, 11:22 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
we should pull out of iraq, stop giving aid to other countries, and build our own back up

we once owned 1/3'rd of the worlds surface

why dont we still?!

even if that aim is a little silly, then maybe we should atleast try and catch up with japan, we used to be the most advanced country in the world, and we arnt anymore?

summet wrong there...

we should be the influence here...not the country thats getting ignored, and its gettin that way, the UK isnt a super power anymore..
You guys got taken over by a baby country in tech and then we got taken over by Japan because they have uber tech dudes lol. But agreed. Both the US and UK need to pull outa there and start worrying more about our own people. Course that will never happen. People dont realize how broke we really are.
Old 19-09-08, 11:27 PM
OC3D Crew

Yeah another point for Africa - they already in poverty, but yet they have enough juice to make more puppies. Whats up wiv that! Haven't they heard of a rubber glove? JEEZ - Anyways this thread seems to have gone a bit off board.

So back on track - i think somebody should go ahead, but if the government do that, I certainly do NOT want rise on the tax.