Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat > Serious Discussion

Old 29-07-08, 03:41 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='ionicle'
hmm, like qualifications etc?
Well yeah, but also where will you be in the company in the next 5 years, thats if you stay that long, employers like it when they think you are in it for the long run.

Old 29-07-08, 05:28 PM
OC3D Elite

i intend to stay with them for aslong as i'm in this town

should i make that particually aparant?
Old 29-07-08, 08:50 PM

Dress tidy (shirt/tie), research the company a bit, be polite and courteous and show enthusiasm.
Old 29-07-08, 09:51 PM
OC3D Elite

i intend to dress to their rules lol

the ones given..

reaserching the company...but what specifically?!

i intend to be polite, i usually am anyway..

and enthusiasm, they are offering money, ofcorse i'm enthusiastic
Old 29-07-08, 09:55 PM

Well yes I meant dress nicely in the interview if you get one

Just research a bit about what Maccie D's is interested in at the moment (I suspect it's their healthy range of foods) and generally check out their website and stuff. Start a sentence "I noticed on your website there are some new dishes...." or some BS and they'll lap it up. Maccie D's is a huge global brand - there's tonnes out there to read about
Old 29-07-08, 10:14 PM
OC3D Elite

Also when asked why do you want to work for us quote what they say in the job advertisement and what they are looking for eg. We offer good career opportunities to work in a diverse environment. You say I enjoy working and admire how you help employees with training to advance themselves, in particular with regards to diversity as I think everyone needs to be culturally aware in order to understand the customer better, which in turn benefits the organisation.

McDs is also offering more healthy choice food you might want to go down that line, or enjoy working as part of a team etc.

at the end If asked if you have any questions always say YES - even if you have not. You can always finish then by saying "actually its ok you have answered them all so I'm good" Its a little use of psychology they might recognise it or they might not but you walk out the door with the last thing they thought of you was " YES and I'm GOOD"

There is plenty more of advice I could give but it will take far too long for me to write and for you to read. You do need to take advice of the other posts and do your research though.

Good luck mate and I think it is great you are out looking, it will come to you in the end. Only drama that might cause you problems is if you are still studying and only want to work the summer, then you have to use the fact that they offer flexi hours or shift work to work around the times when you are not available and when you can work if they are short.

Old 30-07-08, 11:39 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='chudley'
Also when asked why do you want to work for us quote what they say in the job advertisement and what they are looking for eg. We offer good career opportunities to work in a diverse environment. You say I enjoy working and admire how you help employees with training to advance themselves, in particular with regards to diversity as I think everyone needs to be culturally aware in order to understand the customer better, which in turn benefits the organisation.

McDs is also offering more healthy choice food you might want to go down that line, or enjoy working as part of a team etc.

at the end If asked if you have any questions always say YES - even if you have not. You can always finish then by saying "actually its ok you have answered them all so I'm good" Its a little use of psychology they might recognise it or they might not but you walk out the door with the last thing they thought of you was " YES and I'm GOOD"

There is plenty more of advice I could give but it will take far too long for me to write and for you to read. You do need to take advice of the other posts and do your research though.

Good luck mate and I think it is great you are out looking, it will come to you in the end. Only drama that might cause you problems is if you are still studying and only want to work the summer, then you have to use the fact that they offer flexi hours or shift work to work around the times when you are not available and when you can work if they are short.
Happy to say that I learnt something from you.
Old 30-07-08, 11:43 AM
OC3D Elite

woop! thanks

my interview is today, at 3
Old 30-07-08, 12:50 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='ionicle'
woop! thanks

my interview is today, at 3
GooD LuCK!!!

I think that most probably you will get it