Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat > Rants

Old 23-07-08, 09:32 PM
OC3D Elite

dodgy company!!!!

has anyone ever dealt with this company(or its various sub-companies)??

http://www.easycom.co.uk/websites.html

mainly this one http://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/

I work as a self employed courier,and one of my major contracts is to deliver for a company who are responsible for the delivery of nearly all the items from easycom.As I live in Leeds and we deliver nationwide this can result in some long shifts,todays was a 17 hour run to south east england-Gillingham,Canterbury,Dover,Eastbourne and Orpington with a few others in between,but 27 hour shifts are well known if we are delivering to northern scotland.

Now the reason for this rant is this:

I have discovered a very underhand practice by this company which upsets the customer and boils down to fraud on a massive scale.

one of my deliveries today was a SMEG built in oven which was in a terrible state,the box that the oven comes in was all but destroyed BEFORE it was placed on my van,and when I arrived at the customers house and inspected the item the oven was bashed beyond belief.Now it turns out that easycom have managed to purchase a lot of items from some unknown third party which are damaged and they know they are damaged when they buy them BUT they will still send them out to customers knowing that one of two things will happen:

1.When I deliver the item the customer will complain and then aftre a phone call to the office a discount will be offered

2.The customer will refuse the item outright

as things stand either option is win-win for the company

1:they still sell the item for more than they payed

2:the damaged item will be sent back to the manf. for a refund(not bad considering they bought the damaged item from a third party)

As far as I am concerned neither of these is an acceptable practice for a legit business to be doing..........

voicing this (even on a web forum)could cost me my contract,But after finding out how this little scam works i couldnt care less

EDIT:maybe this should be in serious discussion?

Old 23-07-08, 10:02 PM
OC3D Elite

Had orders with 3 of the others on the site... Laptopsdirect, acerdirect.co.uk and directtvs.co.uk.

First one was for a Gemstone which was in perfect condition for a friend. Second again was an Acer for a friend which was fine and directtvs was just some minor things that couldn't really turn up damaged like cables.
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4700mhz - 47 x 100MHz Mobo: MSI P67A GD65 GPU: EVGA GTX 570 RAM: 2 x 4GB Mushkin LV 1.35v 1600MHz DDR3 HDD: 3 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3's Case: CoolerMaster ATCS 840 - Custom House of Kolor paint job. PSU: Corsair HX750 Cooling: Custom WC - XSPC Delta V3, PA120.3, DDC Ultra with XSPC Res Top, 3/8" XSPC UV Green Tubing over 1/2" Barbs OS: Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 64-Bit
Old 23-07-08, 10:06 PM
OC3D Elite

in that case stick to buying pc and tvs from them,DONT buy kitchen appliances lol
Old 23-07-08, 10:21 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='nepas'
in that case stick to buying pc and tvs from them,DONT buy kitchen appliances lol
lol.. Well if I ever had a problem I'd just send it back and possibly give them one more chance. If then they still gave me dodgy good I'd get a refund and just not go back to them.
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4700mhz - 47 x 100MHz Mobo: MSI P67A GD65 GPU: EVGA GTX 570 RAM: 2 x 4GB Mushkin LV 1.35v 1600MHz DDR3 HDD: 3 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3's Case: CoolerMaster ATCS 840 - Custom House of Kolor paint job. PSU: Corsair HX750 Cooling: Custom WC - XSPC Delta V3, PA120.3, DDC Ultra with XSPC Res Top, 3/8" XSPC UV Green Tubing over 1/2" Barbs OS: Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 64-Bit