Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 03-07-08, 12:56 PM
OC3D Elite

OC3D Review: Scythe Kaze Master Fan Controller

Looking for a sexy, well-rounded fan controller unit? Scythe may have just what you're looking for with their Scythe Kaze Master Fan Controller

Scythe Kaze Master Review

Old 03-07-08, 01:13 PM
OC3D Elite

good review, and a nice looking unit

just a bit too expensive i would recon..

if the price came down to around 25 quid, i would seriously consider it...
Old 03-07-08, 01:23 PM
OC3D Elite

Thanks ionicle. Although the Kaze Master may seem out of your price range, I do think it's a fair price
Old 03-07-08, 01:43 PM
OC3D Elite

Great review dude and nice looking fan controller. Shame it won't tame my 2.5amp Delta beasts
Old 03-07-08, 02:00 PM
OC3D Elite

Thanks mate, tis nice. Yeah the Kaze is well out of the league of those Delta's though
Old 03-07-08, 02:56 PM
Advanced Member

I've got one of these, had it for a couple of weeks, and the Display went this morning when I switched on- i'd sleeved all the cables for it last night and it was working fine when I went to bed I've sent an email to CCL about exchanging it, I'm hoping I was just unlucky cos I really liked it, it's a right pain though cos if they will replace it I'm gonna have to undo all my hard work with the braiding to send it back.

Old 03-07-08, 03:01 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='PV5150'
Thanks ionicle. Although the Kaze Master may seem out of your price range, I do think it's a fair price
its not that its out of my price range, i just dont think its worth that

scythe, admitadly have to make a profit, but i recon they could probably sell them for 25 quid and still make a good profit on it, and at that price, you'd be getting your moneys worth, more people would buy it, so the shortfall of profit in each device would be made up, by the incresed quantity that would sell because it was more like the value it is actually worth, and not overpriced for what it is.
Old 04-07-08, 02:36 PM
Advanced Member

Well I breathed a big sigh of relief this morning- I got my RMA number and then when I went to take the Kaze Master out the bay, I discovered that the 4-pin connector wasn't plugged in properly- Doh! I musta snagged it when I was routing cables, so a quick push home and it's working perfectly again Had to cancel the RMA- felt a bit silly when I explained it to em, but as other's have found it's not the first time power cables have caused grief lol. I'd thoroughly recommend both the Kaze Master and judging from their service [even though I didn't actually have to return it] CCL as well.

Old 05-07-08, 11:59 AM
OC3D Elite

That's great to hear mate
Old 06-07-08, 04:56 PM
OC3D Elite

Looks like a pretty good fancontroller like me. Indeed would not tame delta fans, but who cares about silence when you have delta fans :P

Combined with the motherboard fan connectors it would be great to control all the fans in a CoolerMaster centurion 590, which is 6, if you only use one HDD module.