Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs

Old 22-06-08, 08:42 PM
OC3D Elite

Ah right yeh, sorry you said at the beginning, i didnt see the top ones as the thread opened half way down??? The first post is the third. Wierd.

Cheers man good luck with this ill stay tuned.

Old 23-06-08, 02:48 AM
OC3D Elite

looking good, theres not many new projects going on lately, think people are kinda slowing on the modding front, or i'm just being impatient and not waiting long enough. XD.

Loving this build though, keep it up.
Old 23-06-08, 11:17 AM
OC3D Crew

Thanks!

I just ordered the wc parts I needed from Aqua PC's today, I got a Laing DDC1+ ultra pump with an XSPC acrylic top and some PC Ice coolant. The acrylic for the front bezel still isn't in at the suppliers, so things are at a standstill at the moment. It will give me some time to plan out the cable management though. I am itching to get this rig built up now

Cheers,

Stu
Old 23-06-08, 07:40 PM
Advanced Member

*subscribed* could you please include more photos next time, and maybe higher rez plz . Looks awesome, myself got a case, which i am gonna mod with similar idea :P
Old 23-06-08, 07:59 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='kataras'
*subscribed* could you please include more photos next time, and maybe higher rez plz . Looks awesome, myself got a case, which i am gonna mod with similar idea :P
Glad you like it! I think the white goes really well with the bare aluminium. My digital camera is knackered at the mo, so I am having to use my N95 camera. I also resized the snaps so as not to break the layout on the forum.

I am still a noob when it comes to writing project logs, so shout up if you think I have missed anything

Cheers,

Stu
Old 24-06-08, 02:23 AM
OC3D Elite

Do like i do, get pics of the good stuff, leave out the crap stuff, and if all else fails, just write "Too lazy to do it properly", ROFL!!!
Old 24-06-08, 07:12 AM
OC3D Crew

Cheers for the Advice mate!

As it's comng nearer to the point where I will be assembling the rig, I thought now would be a good time to recap on whats actually going in it, so here's the details:

Components

Motherboard: Abit IP35 Pro

CPU: C2D E8400

Mem: Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 4gb (2x2gb)

Gfx: Inno3D 9800 GX2

PSU: Corsair TX650

Opt. Drive: Philips 20x DVD RW DL

HD: WD Sata II 250gb

2x 120mm fans pulled from Antec 900 modded with red LEDS

WC Loop

Tygon 1/2" Clear Tubing & 1/2" Barbs

Laing DDC1+ Ultra with XSPC Delta Top

Swiftech Micro Res (temporary till I get a Aqua-Computer res)

Danger Den MC TDX 775 CPU block

XSPC RS240 Rad with 2 x Blackfire4 Kameleon Fans (120mm)

Primochill ICE coolant (with blood red dye).

There are still a few things I am waiting for to progress the build, the 6mm white acrylic for the front panel is the biggest hold up at the moment. I have ordered the arcylic cut to measure and asked the supplier to polish the edges for me (lesson learned from previous build). Then I need to cut the relevant holes for the DVD RW, front fan and switches.

I couldn't find a DVD RW with an all chrome bezel to buy, so I might just spray my existing one. It will never look as good though. I want the front panel to look clean and uncluttered, in fact thats the look I want for the whole of the exterior.

Cheers,

Stu
Old 26-06-08, 03:07 AM
OC3D Crew

Well today is the day I get to build the rig up and try it all out. I still haven't got my acrylic for the front panel, but I can build the rig up for now and fit that when I get it. My youngest daughter woke up at 1am throwing a hissy fit, and has decided she wants to play, so I can't see me getting much sleep between now and the morning. It's a good job I have the day off

I made a bit of a up when it came to measuring everything up for the rig. I was a bit lazy when it came to the PSU, and instead of measuring up my intended one, I used a spare one I had laying about in the workshop. Using the spare, I had plenty of room for the rad at the top. Last night I decided to do a test fitting of the rad, PSU and mobo, and that's when I realised my dumb mistake!

The spare PSU I used to measure up with was a standard ATX size, and didn't have modular cables. The intended one does have modular cables and it's case was 20mm deeper. With the modular cable plugs the total difference in length was more like 40mm. So the frigging rad wouldn't fit in!! I felt like chucking the whole lot with my dummy!

I had visions of me having to bodge it somehow, but I then decided to use another PSU, the Corsair TX650. It will fit a treat and still leave enough room for me to route the cables, pity it's just cost me another £60 though

Cheers,

Stu
Old 26-06-08, 02:53 PM
OC3D Elite

Question. Did you use spray paint or regular paint?
Old 26-06-08, 04:35 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='PP Mguire'
Question. Did you use spray paint or regular paint?
I used spray paint. The interior wasn't completely dry when I took those photos.

Anyways, I have got the first fix done with the rig, and I am well pleased with it so far. If there was one thing that did bug me though, that was the long length of the cables from the PSU, it made the cable management a bit trickier.

Here's some snaps, bear in mind that this rig is still a work in progress.

There's still quite a bit to do yet, and the fluid dye hasn't come yet. Let me know what you all think so far fellas!