Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 28-05-08, 06:56 PM

OCZtobias, do you have a date of when we should expect the 1st batch? Also I still don't see the product listed on Newegg. Any idea why? Thanks

Old 28-05-08, 10:28 PM

Will be up at Newegg within days.

The first batch was shipped to customers this week.
Old 29-05-08, 02:22 AM

Nice.

Your comment about the shipping - are you talking about to the resellers, or that actual customers are getting sent these now?

I Will be looking forward to review it on ausTech In the future, but reviews from oc3d and other people will be great too
Old 29-05-08, 09:21 AM

It was shipped to resellers earlier this week

-Tobias
Old 29-05-08, 11:53 AM

can i ask how many quantities did ocz sent to ebuyer?
Old 29-05-08, 12:46 PM
Advanced Member

Been shipped already...hmm...one sec...let me just say a few things. They have been shipped, 200 units, most of them going to press and review agency's. Will find out within the next 48 Hours who is going to be lucky enough to recieve them. They are still on track (apparently) for all back orders to be completed within 4 weeks. Weve had TV agencies and magazine press both asking basically "how much" to be the first to get there hands on one. This seems to be getting a bit of a circus, anyone remember the WII release..at the end of the day if the big stores or any of the resellers were expecting these then surely a guaranteed date would be floating around, the 6th June date seems to have dissapeared. Anyways it looks like we may be waiting longer as finally it looks like the OCZ press gang are finally shifting there arses. Wich obviously means that "promotion" will be there main concern, and us lowly consumers will have to wait till mass filtration. Bummer. And OCZtobias, I think the people frequenting this thread would tell you "OCZ owe me a job" or at least some free goodies, as I seem to be the only industry insider that has took time out to promote, inform and educate people about your product.
Old 29-05-08, 01:02 PM

Yeah for sure - Jasters updates have been far better than anything ocz been able to provide, right up until their official things they just put up... definately slack of their part.
Old 29-05-08, 01:52 PM
Advanced Member

Sorry roach, wasn't on the ball this weekend, although I suppose its about time the OCZ information overtook me..been bogged down in work and at home...but alls good...i'm back on form so expect day by day reports as per usual...
Old 29-05-08, 04:02 PM

Hi Jaster,

I have seen you posting information about the nia here and have to say I am impressed by your overall knowledge on developments ;-)

When it comes to the first batch, I can ensure you that most samples didn't go to press but to our resellers.

send me a PM with your details, would love to have a chat with you....

-Tobias
Old 29-05-08, 04:13 PM
Advanced Member

Contact

They may have gone to resellers, but unfortunately the resellers will sell them to the press...unfortunately its usually what happens...or Customers buy bulk and sell them off to Ebay....first wave of any developing technology always seems to bypass the consumer (Unless you have more money then sense)...until demand can be fulfilled...its only as of recent within the UK that we have seen products like the Wii actually sell at there RRP and not 20 % - 30 % above that. Unscrupilous, Yes, Unmoral, Yes, but its the heart of our capitalist/consumerist regime...