Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Sub-Zero Cooling

Old 20-09-04, 12:13 PM

Mach 11 GT woes

Hi All,

I am having problems with my mach2 gt.

I installed the mach 2 as per instructions from the manual but i am still having problem with what i think is a contact issue.

Basically startup the system and it boots at -66 mach2 software says -33, and when it is running in windows it reaches only -20 at idle, then if play a game for example it shoots up 56c and this happened just last night.

Also i remounted the head twice last night first time the cpu reached -9 then the second time -20 but still the same issue temp rose into the + temps and not staiging in the - temp ranges.

Could it be not getting proper contact i.e. flat on the cpu ?

Should i cut of the standoffs on the top plastic bracket to get better contact.

It is currently puzzling me that it goes up into the + temps and not in the - temps.

1 x Ceramic Stuff ( Mach 2 Head )

1 x P4 3.2 Ghz EE

1 x Asus P4C800-E Deluxe

Please help

Old 20-09-04, 01:13 PM
OC3D Elite

How old is your gt ?? also is it making any odd noises plinking or even hissing ?? It could just be the sensor is going in the evap head or the compressor is on its way out or its losing its charge
Old 20-09-04, 02:37 PM

are you just using one layer of string? sometimes the brass bracket thing moves about so use something to hold it in place.

Old 20-09-04, 05:53 PM
Thickbrit

If you do resort to cutting the feet down 1mm/1.5mm will be plenty.Sand em down with sandpaper.Alternatively you can use a copper shim between cpu and evaporater head,again about 1mm thick,all sandwiched up with ceramique.
Old 20-09-04, 07:25 PM

Mach 2 woes

Hi all,

Thanks for all your responses. Ths GT is brand new from Phil, it only came in the country last week. There is no pinking or hissing tbh i forget it is on compered to me old system.

I did notice that the metal plate does move around, so i am going to remove the mach 2 head tonight and remove all the thermal paste on the cpu and ceramique from the evaporator head with ambersil hehe using me missus cotton stick thingy's. redo an application of ceramic to the evaporator head and then seal string the metal plate so it does not move and add a good round of seal string around the mach 2 head.

And fire her up you never know if it is just little move tender loving care required to install the mach 2 hehe.

Also the evaporator isn't losing it's charge, it was at -58c and cpu temps were in the 50c range.

Many Thanks Chaps

M8tRiX
Old 20-09-04, 07:44 PM
Advanced Member

only things i can think it could be is:

mobo not showing temps right...

Head not covering enough of the cpu to cool it well enough...

Head making little contact with cpu...

When u pull the head away from the cpu can u see that it is clearly making good contact with the cpu, just to make sure its not that..

Anyone else out there with the same mobo as M8tRiX that is using phase-change cooling...?