Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > New Build Advice

Old 05-11-07, 10:59 AM
Advanced Member

Yea i reccomend building it yourself.

You learn alot about how the computer works, and also you get a nice sense of Achievement

If your still not confident, you could buy a 'How to build a pc' book or online tutorial.

-Remember ur ESD -

Old 05-11-07, 12:45 PM
OC3D Elite

Same as what Dan said ^

First I recommend playing with disposable stuff (old pcs etc.) as what I did with pingu at his house

Then as you build confidence change the case or something.

Then you should be confident enough - just follow instructions and ask on here for help
Old 05-11-07, 08:53 PM
OC3D Elite

Do it yourself, just make sure you do your research, theres not all that much that can go wrong really if you do everything right. I was a noob last year, im only 16, i learnt all i know throught this forum and others, feel free to ask as many questions as you feel you have to.. no matter how silly they may seem.

You need to be careful for static, so wear a AntiStatic wrist band thing, that is about it. The motherboard manual has most of the jumper information init which is where i had my main troubles. Other than that its simple slot in really.

Going from knowing pretty much nothing to my pc now didnt take much time at all.. I wish you the very best of luck with your build!

and ASK questions.

P.S. YOU CANT beat the feeling of 'i built that pc' whenever you turn it on.. i get it everytime..
Old 06-11-07, 02:57 AM

well i've been reading wiki n learning about every part of the comp.. if anyone knows any other good site for tutorials that'd be great. this site is good for specific questions and i know ppl would help me, but i dont want to be completely useless when im building it (obviously)

thx

btw pingu.. best show ever =O
Old 06-11-07, 11:22 AM
OC3D Elite

Im the same as pat - im 16 and this time last year i was in the same boat as you. Got more confident by askin questions, took my time and it all came out well and still going strong
Old 06-11-07, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='mrapoc'
Im the same as pat - im 16 and this time last year i was in the same boat as you. Got more confident by askin questions, took my time and it all came out well and still going strong
i've gotten pretty serious about it.. gonna see how far i get in a couple weeks (2-3 hours a day) :P

hopefully i wont have to ask too many questions.. lol
Old 06-11-07, 11:06 PM
OC3D Elite

u can get it setup and runing in 1 day..

Scythe Infinity

XFX 680i LT

OCZ 2 x 2GB Platinum DDR2 800

EVGA 8800GTS 640MB

Ultra Aluminus

Mushkin 650watt SLI

Seagate 500gb

Seagate 250gb

DVD Rom/Burner
Old 06-11-07, 11:12 PM
OC3D Crew

First time may take a while as you'll spend a good amount of time checking and double checking. I've built maybe 5 or so systems, my latest one took 5 hours max to be up running and trying Crysis

Its just amazing what you can do with just a philips head and a crate of mail order goodies
Old 10-11-07, 06:21 AM

As long as you follow the steps carefully and double check everything you'll be fine
Old 10-11-07, 11:30 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='mrapoc'
U gotta ask questions. If ur not sure about something, it`s best to get the issue out of the way.

It`s not like OC3D is full of peoples who`ll shout nOOble at u for asking the simplest question.

I been dabbling inside computers since I was about 13, *cough* almost 23 years ago - and theres 50million things I`m still not 100% sure about. Joining the OC3D crowd has taken it down from 75million things mind u.

Ask tbh.