Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Liquid Cooling

Old 03-11-07, 08:43 PM

Leak Testing my first WC loop

I started leak testing and I noticed there is a huge bubble at the top of my loop coming out of my cpu block. I've only been leak testing for about 15 min but the bubble doesn't seem to move.

There is some tissue in the way but you can see the bubble a little bit.

303.JPG

Here you can see the bubble.

304.JPG

306.JPG

Should I drain the loop and move the line from the pump to the top of the water block and let the out be on the bottom or will it work its way out?

Old 03-11-07, 09:09 PM

OK so it looks like the bubble is getting smaller the longer it runs. But something tells me that since the bubble formed in the first place that it isn't as efficent as it should/could be? I can't turn my block sideways because the bracket interfere with the northbridge cooling fins. I hate to drain it and switch the in and out but if any of you think that I should I will.
Old 03-11-07, 09:19 PM

Just tilt your whole case to get the bubble to move in the direction of the water flow...... You should tilt it in all directions anyways to make sure that you don't have more air trapped somewhere where you can't see............
Mountain Mods U2-UFO, Gigabyte EP45T Extreme, Intel C2Q Q6600 @ 3.6, Patroit DDR3 4x1024, Sapphire 4870 Toxic, Seagate 7200.10 250 Gig, Lite-On DVD & DL DVDRW, OCZ Gamer X Stream 700w, Soyo 24" LCD & 19" LCD.
Old 03-11-07, 09:42 PM

Hi Toady00 & welcome to the forums. Only recently I gave advice to another member about this issue. Take a look here. Basically just give it a good old shake while it's turned off. May take a few shakes 'n tilts but this should surely get the airlock out.
Old 05-11-07, 11:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='WinMXer'
Hi Toady00 & welcome to the forums. Only recently I gave advice to another member about this issue. Take a look here. Basically just give it a good old shake while it's turned off. May take a few shakes 'n tilts but this should surely get the airlock out.
Listen to the man he knows what he's talking about
Old 05-11-07, 12:33 PM
OC3D Elite

Be sure to tilt and shake your radiator too, every few minutes until no air escapes when your tilt or shake it