Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Graphics & Displays > Graphics - Other

Old 31-10-07, 02:18 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via AIM to FragTek Send a message via MSN to FragTek Send a message via Yahoo to FragTek
Trying to decipher what card this computer has...

Hey guys, I just hooked up an old Compaq to use in my bedroom for forum surfing and what not before I go to bed/wake up, ie. the computer I'm on right now.

Anyhow, the original card that the comp had in it started to take a so I found a card laying in the closet that works with it, however I can't figure out what the hell it is.

Is there any software that will help me find out what gpu this thing is rocking? There is very little identification on the card itself. All I can tell is that it's got a blue Foxconn PCB. The one lonely sticker that's on it says something to the effect of V9400blahblah something, well I did a search on Google for the exact number that's on the sticker and got exactly for results.

I'd really like to get it figured out so I can get some drivers loaded and fix the laggy screen issue, it's really starting to become an annoyance.

Thanks in advance lads!

:rocker: Frag Out!

Old 31-10-07, 02:21 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='FragTek'
Hey guys, I just hooked up an old Compaq to use in my bedroom for forum surfing and what not before I go to bed/wake up, ie. the computer I'm on right now.
Isn't buying a laptop supposed to solve that issue?

Sony VAIO CS110E 14.1" :: Core 2 Duo T5800

3GB DDR2-800 :: 250GB HDD :: Intel Media Accelerator

HTPC

Gateway GT4024 :: Intel Pentium D 805 :: 1GB DDR2-667

700GB of Storage :: ATi Xpess200 :: Sharp AQUOS 32" 720p

Old 31-10-07, 02:55 AM

Alright this is what you do its very simple. Go to start. Then click run. Type in dxdiag and press ok. When the window opens up there should be a bunch of tabs. Go to the 3rd tab that says display and it should tell you the card. This is for windows. If that doesn work install a program called rivatuner.
Old 31-10-07, 07:56 AM
OC3D Elite

you could use some software called astra32 from astra32.com It reads all the hardware address and compares them to a massive database. I used to use it loads when working in a repair shop.

Old 31-10-07, 08:40 AM
OC3D Elite

Try GPU-Z too
Old 31-10-07, 10:05 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via AIM to FragTek Send a message via MSN to FragTek Send a message via Yahoo to FragTek
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='bobletman'
Alright this is what you do its very simple. Go to start. Then click run. Type in dxdiag and press ok. When the window opens up there should be a bunch of tabs. Go to the 3rd tab that says display and it should tell you the card. This is for windows. If that doesn work install a program called rivatuner.
Already treid both methods, no dice. Thx for the suggestion though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='nathan'
you could use some software called astra32 from astra32.com It reads all the hardware address and compares them to a massive database. I used to use it loads when working in a repair shop.
Winner! GeForce MX 4000! Reps 4 u.

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Mr. Smith'
Try GPU-Z too
Didn't work
Old 31-10-07, 10:59 AM
OC3D Elite

astra32 eh? might have to check that out. I tend to find Everest UE does the trick when it comes to hardware like that
Old 31-10-07, 11:27 AM
OC3D Elite

Damn annoying, so many tools out there just look at either the drivers or win info to get a cards information.

Like if u overclock a processor and the info proggy reports back that your amd 2600+ is a 2800+ just cos u`ve upped the clock.