Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Liquid Cooling

Old 21-10-07, 09:49 AM

One pump enough? Need help...

Hey all - I am looking to start planning a watercooling setup to integrate into my Antec 900. Plans are basicall to take out the top fan and get a radiator in there instead - probably dual 120mm rad enclosed in a surrounding of some sort. Justn wondering if I would need one loop or two if I plan to cool CPU and two GPUs?

Again, this is just in the planning stage at the moment and I am trying to gather some info -cheers

Rob

Antec 900 | PCP&C Silencer 750w Quad Crossfire PSU | MSI K9A Platinum mobo | AMD Athlon 64x2 4200+ @ 2.96GHz | 2GB dual channel OCZ DDR2 Crossfire RAM modules | NVidia GeForce 9800GTX | Samsung HD400LJ Sata2 400GB HDD

Old 21-10-07, 09:55 AM
OC3D Elite

Cooling your CPU and 2 x GPU's will be fine with one pump. I'd get myself a Laing DDC Ultra and an OCLabs XP (1st) or an XSPC top (2nd), as they are the two best performing tops for that particular pump. What GPU blocks are you looking at using?
Old 21-10-07, 10:04 AM
OC3D Elite

As PV said 1 pump is more then enough if you wanted to be sure you can go for the extra powerful Laing D5
Old 21-10-07, 10:37 AM

Wow that's great thanks! I was worried enough about space in my 900 without having to fit in two pumps lol - I am looking at getting a couple of HD 2900 pros and so I would need a decent block for those also - I wouldn't be getting them both dstraight away though, just the one - I needed to know if I could add another later with just one pump.

Any suggestions on good GPU block for 2900 pro/xt?

Rob

Antec 900 | PCP&C Silencer 750w Quad Crossfire PSU | MSI K9A Platinum mobo | AMD Athlon 64x2 4200+ @ 2.96GHz | 2GB dual channel OCZ DDR2 Crossfire RAM modules | NVidia GeForce 9800GTX | Samsung HD400LJ Sata2 400GB HDD

Old 22-10-07, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Aqua-Pc's'
As PV said 1 pump is more then enough if you wanted to be sure you can go for the extra powerful Laing D5
The Laing D5 is LESS powerful than the DDC 18w with aftermarket top (aka DDC Ultra).

Quote:
Any suggestions on good GPU block for 2900 pro/xt?
http://store.over-clock.com/Block_fo...ards.html#a465

http://store.over-clock.com/ek_blocks.html#a148
Old 22-10-07, 11:37 AM
OC3D Crew

Lo Cube,

Just to let you know that I'm running a single pump solution in my rig. The DDC Ultra as spec'd by Marci. I've fitted my pump with Petra's aftermarket top....very nice it looks too. One point worth noting tho, the DDC Ultra performs at it's best if you plumb the inlet into the top of the pump. Many of the aftermarket tops allow you a choice of connection, for example the alphacool top allows you to connect both inlet and outlet into the side of the pump's top.

Check out my thread for details on how I have plumbed my loop (search for Stealth-Li)

Keep us all posted re. what kit you end up buying...and if you've any more questions be sure to post em up in the forum.
Old 22-10-07, 01:02 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Mullet'
Many of the aftermarket tops allow you a choice of connection, for example the alphacool top allows you to connect both inlet and outlet into the side of the pump's top.
The Alphacool top is the ONLY top that will allow a choice on the inlet / outlet. If someone can show me another then i'll happily eat my own words.

All the other tops are standard input on top, output on the side.
Old 22-10-07, 01:13 PM
OC3D Elite

Like this?

Old 22-10-07, 01:39 PM
OC3D Crew

Like what? I don't see anything...

EDIT: oh i was a clicky.. meh never seen that before.

Anyway, its Koolance...

I still don't consider "2" of the custom tops to be "many"
Old 22-10-07, 03:49 PM

And this - http://www.aquatuning.de/product_inf...g-Aufsatz.html