Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 20-10-07, 05:51 PM
OC3D Elite

Come on England!!!!

Wooohooo, who's going watch it and who do you think will win?

Ofcourse as im a brit i want england to win, but i think south africa will do it.

Old 20-10-07, 05:54 PM
Advanced Member

Shout at me all you want, but I highly doubt England will win.

Have you seen the pictures of the SA winger racing a cheetah?

I hope I have to eat my words!!
Old 20-10-07, 05:54 PM

Whatever "it" is, it must be a big deal where you are if simply "who's going to watch it", and the fact that England is involved, is enough to know what "it" is. I feel really out of the loop here. Have fun.
Old 20-10-07, 05:56 PM
OC3D Crew

well being English and living in Wales I'll be watching and wearing my shirt with pride while all those around me want us to fail..........I do have a Fiji baseball cap on though
Old 20-10-07, 06:28 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Yeungster'
Shout at me all you want, but I highly doubt England will win.

Have you seen the pictures of the SA winger racing a cheetah?

I hope I have to eat my words!!
i did see that, it proves he can run fast. Its not a 100m race, its rugby. Also he had a 30 meter head start and the cheetah wouldnt of had enough to to get up to speed.

But..... He is one great rugby player and i think he'll score a couple of tries.

Old 20-10-07, 09:20 PM
OC3D Elite

Well, SA won who to be honest thought would win. I'm not sad though, we showed how much guts and determination we have and came runners up even though we were ranked very low.

I'd also like to take the time to point out how SA won the game....through kicking. Just goes to show what the southen hemisphere was saying is a load of crap.

In a high profile games like the rugby world cup you play to what you can get.

Either way, well done south africa! brilliant skill, brilliant defence too. Well done england too!

Old 20-10-07, 09:56 PM
OC3D Elite

Shame the England try wasn't given. His foot/leg wasn't over the line when the ball touched the floor

Also a shame about the SA's blocking and getting away with it unpunished for so long. There should have been at least 1 or 2 yellow cards taken out during the game.

I think England played ok, but they could have done better. The drop goal attempts just seemed to slow the play and lose England territory.

If the try was given, I think things would've been much different as the players would have had a different mental state at half time

Not that SA are rubbish or anything, it's just a shame certain things which were seen by the commentators were not by the referee and so remained unpunished.

I think I might have a phonecall from my uncle and cousins who are south african tho lol

i5-2500K @ 4.8Ghz | 8G DDR3 | P8Z68-V GEN3 | Archlinux | Win7
Old 20-10-07, 09:59 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='equk'
Shame the England try wasn't given. His foot/leg wasn't over the line when the ball touched the floor

Also a shame about the SA's blocking and getting away with it unpunished for so long. There should have been at least 1 or 2 yellow cards taken out during the game.

I think England played ok, but they could have done better. The drop goal attempts just seemed to slow the play and lose England territory.

If the try was given, I think things would've been much different as the players would have had a different mental state at half time

Not that SA are rubbish or anything, it's just a shame certain things which were seen by the commentators but not the referee were unpunished.

I think I might have a phonecall from my uncle and cousins who are south african tho lol
i do agree with you regarding the try. But i suppose thats just the game of rugby. You have to let it go. Just like the new zealands eventually did against france for the forward pass (even though one of the new zealanders jumped on top of a car though )

On a side note, is it sad getting drunk at home on your own?

Old 21-10-07, 08:44 AM

It's a shame about the try that should have been allowed, especially in a match like that. You could clearly see the foot didn't touch the line so I'm pretty disappointed. That may have given us the confidence needed to go ahead and keep scoring.

Having said that, S.A were very good
Old 21-10-07, 09:09 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Kempez'
It's a shame about the try that should have been allowed, especially in a match like that. You could clearly see the foot didn't touch the line so I'm pretty disappointed. That may have given us the confidence needed to go ahead and keep scoring.

Having said that, S.A were very good
Not sure if the rules are, it has to go over the line or just on it for it to be out of touch.