Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Software Section > Games

Old 15-10-07, 11:51 PM

lol so true

I'm slowly but surely getting the old touch back. It's gonna be a long hard slog

Old 16-10-07, 07:50 AM
OC3D Elite

It looks slick, plays amazingly smooth, Kemp, I think we are playing the same game.

Maybe there is another cruddy version out there... I completed Bioshock Sunday so it's nice to have something else to thrash
Old 16-10-07, 07:52 AM
OC3D Elite

Cant wait to DL this game.
Old 16-10-07, 12:01 PM
OC3D Elite

UT3 Demo Beta Tweaks

I've found a few tweaks, so thought I'd share them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blog.equk.co.uk
I've found loads of tweaks for this game. Most of them are just as UT2K4 tho, so I'll only post the most usefull.

You can find the config files in: My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3 Demo\UTGame\Config

Disable Mouse Acceleration

UTInput.ini

[UTGame.UTConsolePlayerInput]

bViewAccelerationEnabled=false

Show Death Messages

UTGame.ini

[UTGame.UTDeathMessage]

bNoConsoleDeathMessages=false

[UTGame.UTTeamDeathMessage]

bNoConsoleDeathMessages=false

No Movies

UTEngine.ini

[FullScreenMovie]

;+StartupMovies=Copyright_PC

;+StartupMovies=EpicLogo

;+StartupMovies=MidwayLogo

;+StartupMovies=UE3_logo

;+StartupMovies=Nvidia_PC

;+StartupMovies=Intel_Duo_Logo

;+StartupMovies=UT_loadmovie1

Turn off Bobbing

UTGame.ini

[UTGame.UTPawn]

Bob=0.0

bWeaponBob=false

[UTGame.UTPlayerController]

bLandingShake=false

Uncap FPS

UTEngine.ini

[Engine.GameEngine]

bSmoothFrameRate=FALSE

Benchmarking

You can benchmark the game by removing the FPS cap and running two different tests. One is a botmatch and the other is a flyby.

Flyby

MAPNAME?causeevent=FlyThrough?quickstart=1?nocusto mchars=1?numplay=0 -seconds=300 -unattended -novsync -fixedseed -CaptureFPSChartInfo=1 -nomoviestartup

Botmatch

MAPNAME?numplay=12?timelimit=5?automatedperftestin g=1 -unattended -novsync -fixedseed -CaptureFPSChartInfo=1 -nomoviestartup

You can find the benchmark stats in: My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3 Demo\UTGame\Stats

i5-2500K @ 4.8Ghz | 8G DDR3 | P8Z68-V GEN3 | Archlinux | Win7
Old 16-10-07, 12:04 PM
OC3D Elite

Good work eq. Any idea if the UT3 net settings are optimised for high speed connections or if we could benefit from that too?
Old 16-10-07, 12:06 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Hyper'
Possible the worst excuse I have ever heard, its like saying "The game didnt work because I didnt install it"

Reply "Install it then"

Reply "Well I dont have the time, I just want to play"

Its nothing like saying that... Thats the worst analogy i've heard in a long time.

I didn't say I wasn't happy with it. Its just I run the sensitivity at max on CS and i left it at default on UT3... Show me where i said i wasn't happy with it and then you might have a point otherwise ya don't.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4700mhz - 47 x 100MHz Mobo: MSI P67A GD65 GPU: EVGA GTX 570 RAM: 2 x 4GB Mushkin LV 1.35v 1600MHz DDR3 HDD: 3 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3's Case: CoolerMaster ATCS 840 - Custom House of Kolor paint job. PSU: Corsair HX750 Cooling: Custom WC - XSPC Delta V3, PA120.3, DDC Ultra with XSPC Res Top, 3/8" XSPC UV Green Tubing over 1/2" Barbs OS: Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 64-Bit
Old 16-10-07, 12:48 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='XMS'
Good work eq. Any idea if the UT3 net settings are optimised for high speed connections or if we could benefit from that too?
You can change the rates (maxrate etc) in the ini files aswell. The default maxrate for internet seems to be 15000 but the default setting on clients is 10000 (so most will only be on 10000). I set mine to 20000 altho I guess most servers will be on default but then at least I gain 5000.

Also the game seems to only run at 30tick, but you can also change that in the ini files.

There seems to be a dynamicrate setting aswell tho so I guess it fluctuates itself, similar to ut2k3/2k4

Old 16-10-07, 12:50 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='equk'
You can change the rates (maxrate etc) in the ini files aswell. The default maxrate for internet seems to be 15000 but the default setting on clients is 10000 (so most will only be on 10000). I set mine to 20000 altho I guess most servers will be on default but then at least I gain 5000.

Also the game seems to only run at 30tick, but you can also change that in the ini files.

There seems to be a dynamicrate setting aswell tho so I guess it fluctuates itself, similar to ut2k3/2k4
Are most of the commands the same as 2k4? I remember changing the server ticrate on 2k4 but I cant for the life of me remember how :s

EDIT: On another note, I haven't played CSS in over a month now. I think the release of this demo might well be the nail in the coffin for my CSS career.
Old 16-10-07, 01:13 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Are most of the commands the same as 2k4? I remember changing the server ticrate on 2k4 but I cant for the life of me remember how :s

EDIT: On another note, I haven't played CSS in over a month now. I think the release of this demo might well be the nail in the coffin for my CSS career.
The network settings:

UTEngine.ini

[IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]

MaxClientRate=25000

MaxInternetClientRate=15000

NetServerMaxTickRate=30

LanServerMaxTickRate=35

Old 16-10-07, 02:14 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Ah I think we all knew this would happen . Good times .

I would love just 1 reunion match to be played, then hopefully I can admire your pwnage UT skillz!