Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Liquid Cooling

Old 06-10-07, 10:44 PM
Advanced Member

Could use some help :D

Hello guys, after getting quite a noisy and pretty hot GTX (idles at 80) i decided i would wc my pc. So what i am asking is could anyone of you help me on choosing parts i need (blocks, res, pump etc) as i really am a noob at this, i am willing to spend 100-150 quid to wc my cpu (e6750) and 8800gtx and keeping in mind that i have only got 580W psu (Hiper Type-R). what are your opinions on those wc kits wich you could get for around similar price, is it worth going for one of them or is it the same thing as buying already prebuilt and overpriced pc from pc world ?

Old 06-10-07, 11:56 PM

For what you want, something like this from WatercoolingUK would be just the ticket;

Also as it's over £150 you get free postage!
Old 07-10-07, 12:50 AM
OC3D Crew

just my two cents but to properly water cool those parts ur gonna need at least another 25 GBP. but on parts wise.

CPU - D-Tek Fusion

GPU - EK-FC8800GTX Full Cover

RAD - PA 120.3 (preferably thermochill, dangerden and blackice are good too though)

Tubing - 1/2" or 7/16" Masktaleer

Pump - Laing DDC with top preferably petras or liang, or Liang D5

Fans - Price/Performance - Yate Loons

ur powersupply is more than enough only power that it will eat up is fans and pump maybe a total of 40w or so

another option is a 3rd party air cooler, id recommend http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835109136
Old 07-10-07, 08:33 AM
Advanced Member

That's going to be a lot more expensive than 25 GBP more...the Fusion alone is 10 more, and a full cover block will be 25 on its own...

I would say go with a D-Tek Fuzion GPU block over the XSPC one though
Old 07-10-07, 12:15 PM
OC3D Elite

What case have you got? Can you fit a tripple rad in or a double?

The kit posted will suffice if you swap the single rad out for a double or tripple.
Old 07-10-07, 04:14 PM
Advanced Member

hey guys, just came back from work. Folks at work have scared me off from wcing my pc. They were like, wait for carbon-based blocks and told me that there is so much to go wrong when wcing pc, leaks, problems with liquid and so on. Also they told me that i should have two loops than one, tbh they had discouraged me from wcing. Anyway i am still up for it, but i have got question, with a first setup, which Uncle_Fluffy posted, what temps am i looking to get? Because i have decided to wc because of GTX having ultra high temps, maybe just an aftermarket cooler replacement would do a job?
Old 07-10-07, 04:37 PM

Water-cooling is nothing to worry about if you're careful and make sure everything is done properley. Leak test before-hand and you will be fine.

Temps will be a fair bit lower than even the highest end air coolers.

My quick-guide may give you a better idea of what's involved?? LinkeeClickeeheree
Old 07-10-07, 05:31 PM

Leaks? With a little care, there's no reason to fear the leaker, as Blue Oyster Cult might have said.

It scared me the first time I powered it up, but it's nothing really scary with a little common sense.
Old 07-10-07, 07:18 PM
OC3D Elite

lol @ BFC!

I have seen generally speaking cpu temps drop by 20/30 deg c and gfx card 30/40 deg c... my loops have always had cpu and gpu in them too...

My w/c kits cost more than that one though but you will see a huge improvement over air...

You need a double rad minimum and it's a piece of cake to set a loop up
Old 07-10-07, 08:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='kataras'
hey guys, just came back from work. Folks at work have scared me off from wcing my pc. They were like, wait for carbon-based blocks and told me that there is so much to go wrong when wcing pc, leaks, problems with liquid and so on. Also they told me that i should have two loops than one, tbh they had discouraged me from wcing. Anyway i am still up for it, but i have got question, with a first setup, which Uncle_Fluffy posted, what temps am i looking to get? Because i have decided to wc because of GTX having ultra high temps, maybe just an aftermarket cooler replacement would do a job?
Where do you work?

PCWorld?

Look at how many people watercool their PCs - it would have been canned as a stupid idea alongside PCs cooled by mineral oil years ago if it was proven to be crap