Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 24-08-07, 04:28 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='equk'
Also I agree, I've never eaten while playing a match.
I did mention sweaty hands too or don't you sweat either? I don't eat food when gaming, but I have friends who do and I never said a match in the review. As for the food context I was merely trying to set a scene and I'm sorry if you cannot relate to it in the slightest.

Quote:
I think if you have a mouse which has a rubber grip (my last 5 mice have, even my boomslang1000 - 1999) you don't need this sort of thing.

It is aimed at 'gamers' and most gamer mice are rubberised, so not sure who would buy it
Agreed you wouldn't buy it if you were happy with the surface of your mouse. Is my G7 not considered a gaming mouse then simply because it doesn't have rubber grips?

Sigh

Old 24-08-07, 04:38 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='PV5150'
I did mention sweaty hands too or don't you sweat either? I don't eat food when gaming, but I have friends who do and I never said a match in the review. As for the food context I was merely trying to set a scene and I'm sorry if you cannot relate to it in the slightest.
I am like XMS I guess, I don't really get sweaty hands.

I wash my hands after eating and sometimes before a match.

Haven't had a problem in all the time of gaming on a pc, even at LANs.

Quote:
Agreed you wouldn't it if you were happy with the surface of your mouse. Is my G7 not considered a gaming mouse then simply because it doesn't have rubber grips?

Sigh
get a good mouse that you're happy with first then

Also I didn't say "ALL GAMING MICE HAVE RUBBER GRIPS"

Not sure how you'd lose grip on a mouse, altho I guess it depends on how you hold it.

You have your hand (quite a weight) on top of the mouse, already giving it some traction & you grip the sides (which on a lot of mice are rubberised)

That's why I said they are gimmicky.

There just seems to be so many factors in the way a mouse is designed ergonomically and the materials used which really show these aren't needed.

i5-2500K @ 4.8Ghz | 8G DDR3 | P8Z68-V GEN3 | Archlinux | Win7
Old 24-08-07, 05:22 PM
OC3D Elite

Nice little review there PV. The pictures look pr0 too

I would imagine some people have problems with gripping the mouse or with sweat probs etc and this product would appeal to them. But, for others they wouldn't see the point, such as EQ who seems to want to voice that opninion strongly
Old 24-08-07, 05:27 PM
OC3D Elite

Thanks jiffz, and agreed
Old 24-08-07, 06:34 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='jiffz'
Nice little review there PV. The pictures look pr0 too

I would imagine some people have problems with gripping the mouse or with sweat probs etc and this product would appeal to them. But, for others they wouldn't see the point, such as EQ who seems to want to voice that opninion strongly
I was just replying to what was implied, adding more info to justify what I said (as people seemed happy to question what I had said or rather what I hadn't said)

Old 25-08-07, 07:55 AM
OC3D Elite

Just for the record I never had a problem with what you said, it just seemed that you were making an issue of something not really worth the effort imo. My aim was to make a semi-jovial, but informative review out of something that in its very essence may not be of interest to quite a few people here at oc3d. Ultimately it comes down to the fact of whether the review was/wasn't informative in assisting someone to make a purchasing decision.

If you feel that you don't need them after the review then that's your call, and as far as I'm concerned I have done my job. Other than that thank you for your constructive criticism/opinion.
Old 25-08-07, 08:09 AM
Advanced Member

LOL - can't believe you guys are having an argument about some sticky bits of rubber!!

Excuse the pun but..............get a grip.

Nicely written review though Peeves.

TOG
Old 25-08-07, 08:24 AM
OC3D Elite

LOL my thoughts exactly Thanks for the feedback TOG
Old 25-08-07, 11:11 AM
OC3D Elite

I'm sorry that you took it personally or whatever.

All I said really was what XMS and rasto said, that they are gimmicky.

The thing I had a problem with was that you seemed to make a big thing out of what I had said (you said nothing to the others) and also that you seemed to attack me for something I didn't even say

Also bringing up stuff like "I didn't say match", is a match not playing a game?

I only really used 'match' as an example as that is when it matters the most if you are a competitive gamer

But I only really added information and didn't flame or attack you individually.

Giving feedback on the product (like saying it is gimmicky and possibly un-needed) shouldn't cause offense to anyone. Especially the reviewer.

Old 25-08-07, 11:15 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Just for the record I never had a problem with what you said, it just seemed that you were making an issue of something
discussing an article/product in a discussion forum is making an issue