Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 16-08-07, 08:22 PM
OC3D Elite

OC3D Review: Asus Blitz Extreme P35 Socket 775 Motherboard

"After the success of Asus' first P35 chipset motherboard, we've been given the opportunity to test the tweaked out "Republic of Gamers" version affectionately known as the Blitz. Will it come out all guns blazing or bomb it big time? Read on to find out."

Asus Blitz Extreme Review

Old 16-08-07, 08:42 PM
OC3D Elite

they've taken there previous motherboards, and just tweaked them to make them slightly better, added a higher pricetag, and shoved it on the market, genious really

oh, and great review

very....extensive
Old 16-08-07, 08:55 PM
OC3D Elite

I think ASUS fans will like this especially, for the reasons ionicle states. Though it does imply that this latest tweak will allow u to get that much more % of an oc.

Outside of this review, I`d like to see a study where some1 takes 1 set of a full pc hardware install, and install the OS on it a large number of times. Each time take the benchmarks like XMS has used, and find out how much a difference u get in terms of a % each time. It`ll be small, I`d think, but it would add proof to my thinking that one board beating another in a finite benchmark doesn`t necessarily mean anything, unless it goes over a %.

My theory being, u build a setup and install u`r OS fully and u`ll get 1 result. Next time around, wipe the drive, and re-install everything and u`r result will be off by a few %.

Old 16-08-07, 09:31 PM

No generally that's not the case actually as I have done that a couple of times for varying reasons. You get a score almost exactly identical, shown especially by the benchmarks on these three boards that are exactly the same
Old 16-08-07, 10:14 PM
OC3D Elite

Big question:

Is it better than the IP35 Pro
Old 17-08-07, 12:07 AM
OC3D Elite

great review, I enjoyed reading it.

Old 17-08-07, 12:14 AM
Advanced Member

Worth getting over the p5k premium?
Old 17-08-07, 05:00 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Ham'
Big question:

Is it better than the IP35 Pro
In terms of features I'd personally say yes. But the IP35 is a fair bit cheaper so it all matters what you want really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Azreil_2'
Worth getting over the p5k premium?
For the extra £20-30 I'd say yes definitely.
Old 17-08-07, 09:38 AM
OC3D Elite

Mate, that was a review and a half, probably one of the best on this site.

The mobo looks quality, a friend of mine Alex has £2K for an air cooled PC, this would have been a good coice if it did not require water on the NB

The tiny voltage increments is a god send, although can you imagine how long it would take to tune down to the sweet spot?

P.S Link to forum from front page not worky
Old 17-08-07, 09:43 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Kempez'
No generally that's not the case actually as I have done that a couple of times for varying reasons. You get a score almost exactly identical, shown especially by the benchmarks on these three boards that are exactly the same
Yeah, I can see how some statistics, the likes of cpu-use, the whole value of a percentage isn`t gonna waiver - and to be fair something like 3.05% and 3.25% of cpu isn`t that relevant.

Think I`m edging towards the likes of 3dmark, big number value outputers, where I`ve witnessed myself a +/-100, which on the face of it doesn`t look much, but comparing boards it can make one look better than the other. Think tho it`s wildly accepted that u can get a different mark score everytime u run it, so maybe a % acceptance should be assumed. One board beating another by a couple of hundred marks may look good, but not necessarily be that accurate - I think is what I`m saying. Imo the 06 marks should be divided by 100, with no decimal places, or something.

ABit vS ASUS playoff would be interesting.