Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Processors & Platforms > Mainboard & CPU

Old 26-06-07, 09:49 PM
OC3D Elite

Try reseating your CPU, and maybe a BIOS flash could help. What board is it, and what CPU?

Sony VAIO CS110E 14.1" :: Core 2 Duo T5800

3GB DDR2-800 :: 250GB HDD :: Intel Media Accelerator

HTPC

Gateway GT4024 :: Intel Pentium D 805 :: 1GB DDR2-667

700GB of Storage :: ATi Xpess200 :: Sharp AQUOS 32" 720p

Old 27-06-07, 10:22 PM

Not getting past 4 red

I stumbled upon this thread from a google search, maybe you guys can help me.

My D-Bracket 2 is hanging at 4 red LEDs, and I have no idea what to do. I have replaced the CPU with a new one, no result, I have removed everything from the board except power, CPU, and RAM, nothing. Did my board fry, or is there something I can do to get it back working? The last BIOS flash I did was late last year, and it was a beta. It won't even initialize the video card, so there is no way I can reflash it, even if I wanted to. I have cleared the CMOS multiple times, replaced CMOS battery, still nothing...

Can you please help me? I am really at a loss here.

BTW, here are some specs:

Board: MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum MS-7025 Ver: 1

CPU: Original: Athlon 64 3500+

New: Athlon 64 X2 4800+

CPU Cooling: CoolIT Freezone Liquid Chilling System

RAM: 1 Gb OCZ

Vid Card: ATI All-in-Wonder X800

My complete specs are in my profile
Old 27-06-07, 11:33 PM
OC3D Elite

I'd try booting it up with the stock cooler, and maybe out of the case.

Sony VAIO CS110E 14.1" :: Core 2 Duo T5800

3GB DDR2-800 :: 250GB HDD :: Intel Media Accelerator

HTPC

Gateway GT4024 :: Intel Pentium D 805 :: 1GB DDR2-667

700GB of Storage :: ATi Xpess200 :: Sharp AQUOS 32" 720p

Old 28-06-07, 12:03 AM

Out

The board has been out of the case most of the day. I have not tried the stock cooler, I will go up and see what happens.

EDIT: Just tried the stock cooler, it still is hanging at 4 red. I also just changed out my 560Watt PSU for a 600Watt that was on another one of our computers, still nothing...
Old 29-06-07, 12:53 AM

I went ahead and bought a used K8N Neo2 Platinum off of eBay, so I will see if that is the problem, which I think it ultimately is anyways. If anybody has any more suggestions on how to fix my current board...please let me know.
Old 30-07-07, 12:37 PM

I found my D-Bracket very usefull on my P6N Diamond motherboard. I had 2 GB of OCZ 9600 ram and one was faulty but seeing as I had just build the computer from scratch with all new components and It wouldn't even post, finding out what was wrong without the D Bracket would have taken ages. Not had a problem with MSI stuff so far (touch wood) and I have an MSI 8800 GTX Ultra OC too so fingers crossed.
Old 28-09-07, 06:51 PM

D-Bracket stalls at step 7 (Processor Initiallization)

Mistake: I removed a USB cable from the front USB port during post.

There was an audible arc of electricity when i removed the USB cable

The computer continued to post and ran fine.

The next time I restarted POST failed to complete.

The MSI D-Bracket indicates (top left, bottom right red) that it is hanging at CPU Initiallization. I will try the previously posted suggestion (reseat CPU). I have already cleared CMOS. No change with the problem. Final solution is to try another MoBO and then to replace CPU.

I would really like to understand the problem before I move to the nuclear option of replacing hardware!

Thank you in advance.
Old 03-01-10, 08:07 PM

I am also having a problem with my D bracket showing all 4 lights on. The computer does not post, or at least there is no beep as it used to do. I built the computer in 2003, and it has been the most trouble free computer I've ever used. It has a Neo 2 F1S2R motherboard, Pentium 4 2.8 Mhz processor, 2 Gb OCZ memory. Approximately 2 months ago it suddenly failed to boot. I took the computer to Best Buy to have it looked at, as at that time I could not find my motherboard owner manual and forgot about the D bracket entirely. I was told that the hard drive, memory and video card were working fine, but that the problem was either the motherboard or the processor. Due to the fact that I was informed that the processor would be far less likely to fail, I purchased a used identical board, but after installing all of my components on it, the same pattern was noted with the D bracked. According to the manual, which I had in the interim found, this implicated the processor. I just finished installing another P4 socked 478 processor, with the only difference being that this one is a 3.2 MHz version. Unfortunately, the result is the same. As soon as you turn on the power, all of the fans come on, but no POST completes, and all the screen says is "no video".

Since I purchased all of the components and built the computer myself, it seems I can only call 1 800 OUT LUCK. Or, I could drop it at a repair shop hoping it can be diagnosed. Would it be worth purchasing a POST card, or is it essentially the same as using the D bracket?

Any ideas where to go next??

Thanks for any help. I know this is an older machine, but if I can get it working again, it will suit my needs for a long time to come......despite all of the technologic advances since it was built.