Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 06-07-07, 08:52 AM
OC3D Elite

Microsoft Extends Warranty of Xbox 360's Afflicted with RROD to Three Years.

Microsoft Extends Warranty of Xbox 360's Afflicted with RROD to Three Years.

Read on

Old 06-07-07, 08:54 AM

would but theres no link lol
Old 06-07-07, 09:58 AM

shame that they didn't do that around the dirty disk error problem with the XBOX.

I'm pleased to say that I've kept my promise (so far) never to buy a MS games console again - I do have the two other current paperweights i.e. a Wii and a PS3.
Old 06-07-07, 10:01 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='old.gregg'
shame that they didn't do that around the dirty disk error problem with the XBOX.

I'm pleased to say that I've kept my promise (so far) never to buy a MS games console again - I do have the two other current paperweights i.e. a Wii and a PS3.
Fried of mine had the dirty disk prob, he took it back to the shop and they swapped it, mind you it hadn't been long, a few months...
Old 06-07-07, 10:36 AM

I think this is a good move by MS, nice to see a company admitting faults and backing up it's customers
Old 06-07-07, 04:09 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Kempez'
I think this is a good move by MS, nice to see a company admitting faults and backing up it's customers
i agree with kemp, although it should of never really got to this, its good to see them biting the bullet and admitting to it.

Old 06-07-07, 04:16 PM
OC3D Elite

I can`t linky

I guess this is for newly purchased ones ? Otherwize I need to get details

Old 06-07-07, 06:25 PM
OC3D Elite

Sorry guys, not sure what is going on with this article, I lost it twice, then the link 404'd on me, should all work now.
Old 06-07-07, 06:56 PM
OC3D Elite

I fail to see the articles` conclusion of generosity. Although u can concede that the majority of 360 purchasers have a tremendous experience from day 1 - a majority can be over 50%, which is qualifiable as long as not every1 buys from EB so it seems. Rather than generosity, I`d say it`s almost the least they can do. Throwing in a freebee is generous - having a working unit should be expected.

It is a very bold thing to do to put out so many refunds of expenses, but u do have to say in the same breathe that it`s very hard to recall a major piece of equipment of this nature failing anything from an alledged 33% to an undisclosed or uncommentanble 49% of times.

I find it very very hard to believe that they don`t know what the problem is. With something failing on an alledged scale such as this, u would only need to go out and get a small number of them to find out - if u`r interested - to define it as something that `happens when it happens` is quite an awesome statement.

It`s a real shame, as I for one feel it is a tremendous piece of kit, m$ loyalty dependencies aside. The price u can argue about, but meh, it`s not that high now.

I need to go and get a shelved RROD one now and see what happens.

Old 07-07-07, 12:03 AM

Absolutely typical.

Last week, my 360 came up with 3 red lights after a thunder storm, which I assumed caused it. It's out of warranty (early adopter), so I decided I would try and fix it myself. I read a lot about the problem so ignored the towel trick and went straight in with my heat gun. I went for 5 mins on cool and then 2.5 mins on hot, in a circular motion on both sides of the GPU.

Just about to put it back together and test and this story appears.

Thankfully, it's working fine now and just had a 2 hour playtest on lego star wars 2 with my little boy.

I'm not sure how I'll stand with the extended warranty since I've stuck a few extras in, like, extra ducting to suck more air through the GPU and a spare end on fan that I got with my P5W-DH. Next I'm getting rid of the X clamps and may mod to fit a bigger heatsink.