Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Liquid Cooling

Old 21-06-07, 01:06 PM
OC3D Elite

Dude where in wales are you from? I sware there's someone by your name in my old school...

As for your cooling parts im going too be unconventional ( says everyone) and say get 11/8mm tubing and the compression barbs from alphacool. Ive got them and ive NEVER had a leak and can remove my entire water loop out my PC without draining it theyre so secure. The 11/8 compression barbs can be found on ST and watercoolingUK and tygon make the 11/8 tubing. My tubing is actualy from B&Q in cwmbran though. More flexible than the standard alphacool stuff.

Everything else looks fine too me.

Add: Also if you know someone with a de-humidifier. Bam, free distilled water.

Old 21-06-07, 01:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='AydST'
OK

EK Wave Skt 939 £26.44 (comes with 1/2" barbs)

XSPC 120.2 £23.99 (think they come with 1/2" Barbs but best check with watercoolinguk)

Fillport Red £8.11

XSPC 1/2" Tube £2.49/meter

Feserone 0.5L Fluid £2.99 then top up with distilled water from available from the petrol station.

T Piece for fillport £2.99 (Watercoolinguk)

Hose Clips £whatever B&Q want for them

Total (based on 3m of tubing and excluding destilledwater and clips) £71.99

Free del off ST if you have 25 posts and the bits from wcuk will be cheap enough delivery wise

or

everything above but Apogee GT instead of EK total £80.54

or everything above inc Apogee GT with Black Ice Rad £88.55

This should give you a rough idea obviously exluding the clips and distilled water plus you may need 2 fans for the rad unless you already have some etc.... but a rough idea aall the same
That looks good Thanks! I'm just waiting on a PM back from a USA mate who is going to have a number of waterblocks up for sale next week

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Ham'
Dude where in wales are you from? I sware there's someone by your name in my old school...

As for your cooling parts im going too be unconventional ( says everyone) and say get 11/8mm tubing and the compression barbs from alphacool. Ive got them and ive NEVER had a leak and can remove my entire water loop out my PC without draining it theyre so secure. The 11/8 compression barbs can be found on ST and watercoolingUK and tygon make the 11/8 tubing. My tubing is actualy from B&Q in cwmbran though. More flexible than the standard alphacool stuff.

Everything else looks fine too me.

Add: Also if you know someone with a de-humidifier. Bam, free distilled water.
Haha, what school did you go to? I'm down in Swansea, although I'll be up in Newport tonight

How big compared to 1/2" is 11/8?
Old 21-06-07, 01:23 PM
OC3D Elite

Caerleon Comp it was.

11/8 is about 3/8th"

Id go for the apogee too btw, universal fitment ftw.
Old 21-06-07, 01:27 PM
Advanced Member

Hehe, nope I'm coming up for the Kasabian gig tonight though

Waiting on a reply from my mate now
Old 23-06-07, 01:35 AM

COME ON!!! wtf GTS has like the craziest restriction ever. Its exactly the kind of rad you DONT want. Can you get a swiftech? their newest revisions are supposed to be better performing than their old ones by a good bit, putting them in second place for performance (behind thermochills)

The V6 thing...uh, just don't be under the impression that its supposed to perform well.

For coolant, you don't even have to junk your water up with ethylene glycol crap unless you have some aluminum in there (which you shouldn't...) because if you don't then the aluminum will corrode and then... Something that kills the algae, and dye to make it look nice is all you need :P
Old 23-06-07, 10:04 AM
OC3D Elite

Some of the alphacool stuff is pretty good.. On specialtech.. And nice prices.
Old 23-06-07, 12:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='serialk11r'
COME ON!!! wtf GTS has like the craziest restriction ever. Its exactly the kind of rad you DONT want. Can you get a swiftech? their newest revisions are supposed to be better performing than their old ones by a good bit, putting them in second place for performance (behind thermochills)

The V6 thing...uh, just don't be under the impression that its supposed to perform well.

For coolant, you don't even have to junk your water up with ethylene glycol crap unless you have some aluminum in there (which you shouldn't...) because if you don't then the aluminum will corrode and then... Something that kills the algae, and dye to make it look nice is all you need :P
Hehe, say it like it is

Thats changed, I'm going for a Swiftech 120.3 now Happy?

Not sure what waterblock I'm getting, its all up in the air - possibly a Apogee GT I'll find that out next week...
Old 23-06-07, 12:45 PM
OC3D Elite

Just like to add that after the jubilation of all the goods arriving with all the hardcore brown boxed goodness..

Don`t be overly excited and rush everything together and switch on.

Do spend some quality time reading the excellent threads and guides in the Liquid Cooling section right here on the forum.

Something as simple as flushing the rad - I`d probably forget about that in all the excitement !

Old 23-06-07, 12:50 PM
Advanced Member

Yup, don't worry

Dry run and all that
Old 23-06-07, 01:34 PM
Advanced Member

I have a apogee gt and im fitting it next week, so ill report ontemps and stuff, theya lso send me a free hold down plate from the us!!!!!

What pump are you gojng to be using?

Rob

Its amazing what you can create on photoshop!!!!