Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 11-06-07, 04:15 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Mr. Smith'
Most deff. That would rock. I have to agree the mobo looks like someone ate a bag of Haribo and puked it back up, stuck in some sata ports, pci-e slots and called it a mobo lol

@ Mr. Popo - granted it doesn't say SLI - but the slide states 'nvidia dual graphics' which is essentially SLI. Perhaps they haven't worked out how they are getting around the clause which Jim pointed out in his post
It doesn't say SLI cause NVIDIA hasn't approved the actual use of SLI.

You can wink as much as you want, but it doesn't have SLI support (Not yet anyway).

Old 11-06-07, 04:52 PM
OC3D Elite

More importantly perhaps, even tho it says/claims ATI & nVidia Multi gpu thangy wongy support.--- u reckon it`ll be just that ""support"", or it`ll be something worthy of the claim.

What I mean I guess is I`ve seen a number of things claim ""support"" and it means they got something to work in a lab whilst standing on one leg with the power button half pressed in or whatever. AND drivers for vista only.

Old 12-06-07, 02:39 AM
OC3D Elite

Hey Frag, the nF2 Ultra-B DFI board was black and green. To me all PCBs should be black and i would love hot neon pink on my DFI board (Hmm wonder if i could order that hahahah)
Old 12-06-07, 04:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Rastalovich'
More importantly perhaps, even tho it says/claims ATI & nVidia Multi gpu thangy wongy support.--- u reckon it`ll be just that ""support"", or it`ll be something worthy of the claim.

What I mean I guess is I`ve seen a number of things claim ""support"" and it means they got something to work in a lab whilst standing on one leg with the power button half pressed in or whatever. AND drivers for vista only.
imo it'll be just like Crossfire/SLI support on abit's AW9D e.g. works fine as long as you can find a gfx driver for it.

Only difference is that Foxconn have said that they'll be supplying the driver (which will be interesting as nVidia don't like people playing with their drivers - but then Foxconn build the reference nF680i mobos for nVidia so there's obviously a relationship).
Old 13-06-07, 11:02 AM

Ye agreed with BUFF, if Foxconn have said that they will support it there will deffo be an understanding, they're like one of the biggest OEM's in the world
Old 14-11-07, 12:44 AM

Question to Foxxcon:

"Hello,

Will Nvidia SLI will be supported on X38A mainboard?

Best Regards"

Foxconn answer:

"Dear,

Thank you for supporting FOXCONN product.

X38A doesn't support SLI.

It supports crossfire."

So all the rumours about this hybrid mainboard... were just rumours.

Another candidate to have a good mainboard for new penryn cpu and another 8800GTX at home is gone....waiting for x48 chipset will end up like this or nvidia will finally come up with a new "free" drivers for SLI on other chipsets? Anybody know about hacked drivers for 8800 series?

Bye