Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 03-05-07, 11:21 AM
PV5150 PV5150 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 9,934
MSI Readies P35 Express Motherboards

MSI looks to be back in the saddle again with Intel. The company are readying no less than 5 boards for the P35 Express and Intel ICH9R release. More in the news article...

Link

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Jim'
"Jonathan 'Fatal1ty' Wendel may be 12-time world gaming champ, but how does he cope inside a 50c hot box sucking on a heavy load?":rocker::rocker:
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-05-07, 11:24 AM
Ham Ham is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,981
Its the lolercoaster board!.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-05-07, 11:30 AM
PV5150 PV5150 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 9,934
ROFL I thought the same too. It's an interesting heatpipe setup...let's call it the MSI lolercoaster tangle granny-knot
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Jim'
"Jonathan 'Fatal1ty' Wendel may be 12-time world gaming champ, but how does he cope inside a 50c hot box sucking on a heavy load?":rocker::rocker:
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-05-07, 12:18 PM
FarFarAway FarFarAway is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 0
hehe that board is bloody silly

Still be interesting
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-05-07, 12:24 PM
Toxcity Toxcity is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,969
Very interesting shape heatpipes!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-05-07, 12:33 PM
Nagaru Nagaru is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,272
Those heatpipese are jacked up, they are going to be interfering with everything.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-05-07, 01:11 PM
Ham Ham is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,981
The P35 chip has been tested up too 550fsb on a E6850, so this should be a chip too look forward too
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-05-07, 01:42 PM
FarFarAway FarFarAway is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Ham'
The P35 chip has been tested up too 550fsb on a E6850, so this should be a chip too look forward too
Let's face it though - all of the people testing pre-release stuff:

* Are hugely experienced in tweaking every little bit out of the board

* Have the sort of cooling people dream of

* Don't give one left testy about killing stuff

* Get instant support direct from the manufacturer

So pre-release stuff I look at, then ignore
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-05-07, 02:16 PM
DavidT DavidT is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Kempez'
Let's face it though - all of the people testing pre-release stuff:

* Are hugely experienced in tweaking every little bit out of the board

* Have the sort of cooling people dream of

* Don't give one left testy about killing stuff

* Get instant support direct from the manufacturer

So pre-release stuff I look at, then ignore
Exactly. I tend to wait until the board is actually released, and look at the average results the average consumer gets on tech sites... like this one
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-05-07, 02:29 PM
Rastalovich's Avatar
Rastalovich Rastalovich is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Testing hardware somewhere
Posts: 11,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Nagaru'
Those heatpipese are jacked up, they are going to be interfering with everything.
Be clever if they were flexible
__________________


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT. The time now is 12:24 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.