Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 02-04-07, 12:53 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via AIM to FragTek Send a message via MSN to FragTek Send a message via Yahoo to FragTek
Attended "The Nation's Gun Show" this weekend, very fun!

Just thought I'd share this weekends experience with you all. I went to the biggest gun show of the year in this area and it was a blast!

I got to fondle a lot of expensive machinery from high end pistols, semi-automatic rifles, sub machine guns, and straight up rip machine guns I luckily didn't bring two proper forms of ID with me to be able to purchase any guns, which is a good thing because there were a few things that really excited me The two things that I reallllly wanted while I was there was a brand new FN Herstal FS2000 which was $2,500 and a Smith & Wesson "Bear Attack Kit" which comprises of a nice sturdy plastic carrying case that houses a snub nose .500S&W stainless steel revolver, that kit ran $1,220. I mean yes, there were a lot more guns that I'd have loved to have such as the guy only selling Barrett .50 cal rifles, etc. But the two aforementioned guns were ones that really got me excited

So, on to what I did purchase... I only picked up a few things while I was there. The first thing I got was a super nice Kershaw spring-assist open Ken Onion designed knife, very sweet. That set me back $65. The next thing I bought was a nice shoulder holster rig for my Desert Eagle, very comfortable and great when wearing a jacket, that was only $25. And last but not least I bought a 1000rd case of 7.62x39 ammo for my SKS which set me back $149.99. All-in-all, a good day at the show if you ask me!

Old 02-04-07, 01:10 PM
OC3D Elite

Sounds really good fun, man!

Wish we where allowed to have sexy weapons in the UK!
Old 02-04-07, 04:21 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via AIM to FragTek Send a message via MSN to FragTek Send a message via Yahoo to FragTek
Just for your enjoyment, here are pix of the two guns I mentioned in the first post that I was looking at....

Big pic here, this is the 500S&W emergency kit:

And here's the FN FS2000:

The FS2000 is most definitely on my list of must have guns

Don't drool!!!
Old 02-04-07, 04:25 PM
OC3D Elite

lol @ the bear attack kit and yes that FN2000 is a very good assault rifle , its great in BF2 so it must be in real life too

Old 02-04-07, 04:37 PM
OC3D Elite

The worlds most advanced production subgun, that's for sure... Very awesome, I think our military is going to switch to them soon.

Also kinda funny, I didn't read the little caption on the bear attack books, but it says "How to Avoid Them, What to Do if You Can't". Well if you can't avoid the attack, and you have that kit.... You fill in the blank, ROFL.
Old 02-04-07, 05:19 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via MSN to BloomerzUK
TTIUWP - Knife
Old 02-04-07, 05:23 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='BloomerzUK'
TTIUWP - Knife
I added pix0rz!
Old 02-04-07, 05:30 PM
OC3D Elite

Has the FN got a grenade launcher on it as well?

Old 02-04-07, 05:32 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='chudley'
Has the FN got a grenade launcher on it as well?
In the pic it does, the one I looked at did not have the launcher attachment, that would require a Class 3 FFL which I don't have
Old 02-04-07, 05:44 PM
OC3D Elite

I also cant believe you could pick barret 5.0s up. Was the a test shoot range as well.