Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Software Section > OS & Apps

Old 25-03-07, 08:08 AM
Advanced Member

unblocking exe in vista?

Is there a way to run executable without being asked if we really want to run it everytime, without turning off the UAC?

It is pretty annoying as I have an exe in vista startup that is blocked everytime. I tried to select "run as administrator" in the exe file properties but it does not solve the problem.

I remember in XP you had the choice to select an option like "remember or always allow for this program" but can't find a similar thing in vista!

2x Asus GTX670-DC2-2GD5 SLI, Asus VS238 LED monitor

Old 25-03-07, 02:58 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via AIM to FragTek Send a message via MSN to FragTek Send a message via Yahoo to FragTek
If you check run as admin in Vista that ensures that you will get that message every time. So the first step is to uncheck Run as Admin.

Next when you open it there should be a checkbox on the security warning asking you if you would like to always ask before opening this file, de-check that. If you've done that and it still happens then theres still something we can try.

If you still get the message every time open up the EXE's properties, make sure that it's the actual EXE and not the shortcut in your startup folder. At the very bottom of the first tab there should be an area that says something like "This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect you" or something to that effect. Click on the Unblock button next to that phrase and hit apply>ok. Then try it again and see if it still gives you the message.

Let me know how you get on.
Old 04-04-07, 09:47 AM
Advanced Member

Thanks Frag,

Indeed I have this security check box on XP but not in vista... that's my problem!?

Anyway I unchecked "run as admin" but still no go...

Will check for the exe properties as the last hope...
2x Asus GTX670-DC2-2GD5 SLI, Asus VS238 LED monitor