Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 10-03-07, 06:10 PM
OC3D Elite

^nice post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='PP Mguire'
They tried simply throwing it away, in the ocean. Just like oil, didnt exactly work.
Why would you throw oil away?

Old 10-03-07, 06:14 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Nagaru'
Why would you want to throw it away, when that is what powers the nuclear reactor?
I meant the waste... They use reeds to clean it.. Or at least thats what I have read.

As long as it is contain for a certain amount of time it is safe.. (thats what I have learned)

@limqareb - did you see the program that this thread is based on... that could open your mind abit too! I am open to ideas, seeing as nobody really know for sure what is happening...
Old 10-03-07, 06:25 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
you scheptic ppl should see the dvd " An inconvenient Truth" it is a documentary by albert gore , its all about global warming maybe some sense will go in your stupid heads that global warming is not a myth and is something actual and more important than aq alla terrorism and other like wars in iraq , this will affect over 40% of the world population in the next 50 yrs mainly by drought and by flooding , you ppl in Manhattan can say bye bye to your island if global warming continues and the Netherlands will be 75% submerged by water , wtf will happen to my family there ? we put them on aq alla boats and put them where ?? Drought in sahara has increased by 50% in just 45 years while rainfall in india has increased by 35% , yes i know there is a natural cycle about co2 but i assure you if you see this dvd it will open some of your stupid minds#

and there are some records dating back to 650000 yrs back
The DVD is made to make you think that way. Thats exactly why people are paid to create that DVD. Its a natural cycle and people are just going nuts over it. Were human, we will adapt or be assimalated.
Old 10-03-07, 06:43 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Toxcity'

As long as it is contain for a certain amount of time it is safe.. (thats what I have learned)
7x10^8 years. It's vitrified and stored underground in steel cylinders, but it isn't safe, it's still there, and it's still radioactive, it's just out of sight, so out of mind I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Wiki'
alone, the Department of Energy acknowledges that there are "millions of gallons of radioactive waste" as well as "thousands of tons of spent nuclear fuel and material" and also quantities of contaminated soil and water. The Fernald site in Ohio for example had "31 million pounds of uranium product", "2.5 billion pounds of waste", "2.75 million cubic yards of contaminated soil and debris", and a "223 acre portion of the underlying Great Miami Aquifer had uranium levels above drinking standards". The United States currently has at least 108 sites it currently designates, areas that are contaminated and unusable
ORNL says 167 sites, either way it's not good.

Quote:
Were human, we will adapt
Tell that to the dinosaurs.
Old 10-03-07, 06:46 PM
OC3D Elite

Humans are far more advanced than dinosaurs ever where. We can adapt.
Old 10-03-07, 06:55 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
The DVD is made to make you think that way. Thats exactly why people are paid to create that DVD. Its a natural cycle and people are just going nuts over it. Were human, we will adapt or be assimalated.
i think you as a us citizen should know who albert gore is and i dont think he says bs

Old 10-03-07, 07:04 PM
OC3D Elite

Okay, peeps! So far this has been a really intresting and thought provoking thread.

I have learned loads more about the subject and its nice reading all your opinions.

Lets be fair now, none of us are scientists (maybe apart from Phnom_Penh ). We will never know the whole storie. Our goverments will try and keep things from us as they have been doing for years. This subject is no exception.

But I have learned loads and have been considering loads of your opinions too.

On topic - I am pretty sre we could live through a lot of stuff the dinosaurs couldn't. For instance we lived through an Ice age..
Old 10-03-07, 08:08 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
i think you as a us citizen should know who albert gore is and i dont think he says bs
Quote:
We will never know the whole storie. Our goverments will try and keep things from us as they have been doing for years.
Of course i know who he is. Hes still a politician no matter what.
Old 10-03-07, 08:17 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='limqareb'
Oh the man who claims he invented the internet doesn't talk BS, I think claiming that ruins all your credibility. Al Gore is a complete failure as a politician, and the only way he can stay in the news is through his extreme environmental views. He also in no scientist.

Old 10-03-07, 08:50 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Phnom_Penh'
It's half life is 7 million years, not really something you want to have lying around the planet.
I think we have just found a sensible use for NASA .........