Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 29-01-07, 03:36 PM
OC3D Crew

eh, maybe its just my luck with DFI(iv had 1 DFI ultra, one Sli and two experts both went near the 58C range), I love dfi b/c of OC ablility, colors and expecially the simple layout of the board that most other mobo brands have everything scattered, espeically with the power connectors.

Old 29-01-07, 05:03 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via AIM to FragTek Send a message via MSN to FragTek Send a message via Yahoo to FragTek
nice lil review matt. its hard to call the dfi nb cooler bad in comparison to other boards. my aw9d heatpipe setup was even worse imo. and to set the record straight, the heatsinks are both colored aluminum made to look like copper.
Old 29-01-07, 05:31 PM

Ye I knew they weren't all copper, just had a bad day @ work
Old 29-01-07, 07:01 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via AIM to FragTek Send a message via MSN to FragTek Send a message via Yahoo to FragTek
The one bad thing I have noticed also arises from the PWM heatsink, I've knocked it off like 3 times now while trying to unplug the EPS cable and it can be a real PITA to get back on after regreasing in a cramped case with a vapo hose right in ur way. The little mounting clips don't seem to hold it on very well, if it comes off again I'm gonna try flaring the ends of the clips a bit more so that it cant possibly come off without hitting it with some needle nose pliers from behind.
Old 29-01-07, 07:08 PM
OC3D Elite

A PERFECT review!

Short, Sweet and Useful info.
Old 29-01-07, 07:18 PM
OC3D Elite

The chipset actually seems to be putting out so much heat because its overclocked at stock! The northbridge latencies have been tightened, though this means you may not get as much of an overclock as with a p5b deluxe (asus loosens the latencies), you can get better bandwidth and superpi scores!

This also increases the heat output. Personally I'm a fan of the swiftech active cooler (air one, not water)

Send me your food.
Old 29-01-07, 07:25 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='NoL'
The chipset actually seems to be putting out so much heat because its overclocked at stock! The northbridge latencies have been tightened, though this means you may not get as much of an overclock as with a p5b deluxe (asus loosens the latencies), you can get better bandwidth and superpi scores!

This also increases the heat output. Personally I'm a fan of the swiftech active cooler (air one, not water)
I love the Swifty cooler, it lets me run some serious voltage through the NB when I need to clock up to 4.4ghz.
Old 29-01-07, 07:48 PM
OC3D Elite

I used the Blue Ice, Swiftech and the HR-05. The Swiftech and HR-05 are close and the CM one is just cheap (they dont attach the heat tube to the copper base so the heat transfer is poor)
Old 29-01-07, 07:57 PM

I want to see how this Thermalright cooler performs, though I am like I said tempted with the CM Blue Ice.

@Frag - I just replaced the rubbish PWM sink with some swifty sinks, works a treat and cooler than the stock one
Old 29-01-07, 08:10 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Kempez™'
I want to see how this Thermalright cooler performs, though I am like I said tempted with the CM Blue Ice.

@Frag - I just replaced the rubbish PWM sink with some swifty sinks, works a treat and cooler than the stock one
I might try that actually, good thinkin. Are you using the BGA ramsinks, the little square copper ones with the little circular "rods"?