Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > YouTube Forum

Old 22-12-10, 06:51 PM
OC3D Crew

Hey guys, obviously we are all fans of TTL and everyone here at o3d for their reviews and chit chats, but in-between reviews from our favorites, who else do you guys enjoy reading/watching? Or maybe who do you really dislike reading/watching?

I really enjoy TTLs video reviews, but I also like LinusTechTips from youtube. The newegg team is terrible, as they have to read index cards it looks like lol. 3dgameman seems very self promotional and rigid. Not fun to watch at all. PCwizkid? Don't even get me started lol. Trubritar I watch between the downtime of other reviews.

Corsair GS600
XFX Double D 7950 OC
MSI P67A-G43
Crucial M4 128gb
Seagate Barracuda 1tb storage
Old 22-12-10, 06:55 PM

I've seen Trubritar and a few others I don't remember. I never really watch the videos all the way through though, just skip around to look at the sexy parts in the videos. I find most of their commentary rather annoying.

I like Tom's videos (have watched a few now), but damn are they long . At least I don't skip parts though.

3DMark11 - P10045 | X3680
Old 22-12-10, 07:01 PM
OC3D Crew

I think the guy from motherboards.org is way worse at games than Tom. He is absolutely terrible. Most review videos try to get to fancy with their intro, I would choose solid genuine content over fancy intro animations and music any day. They know who they are...

Why I didn't put this in the youtube forum i'll never know.
Corsair GS600
XFX Double D 7950 OC
MSI P67A-G43
Crucial M4 128gb
Old 22-12-10, 08:16 PM
OC3D Crew

Send a message via MSN to TMaksimov
Tom can GTFO 3DGAMEMAN ftw

I actually watched a 3DGAMEMAN video once from the beginning to the end. It was the CM ATCS840 "review" or rather wave the camera around the goddamned thing. Anyway.. Tom seems to have hit the combination of layout, content, seriousness and fun stuff to keep me entertained during the whole length of his videos though and since I discovered his channel on youtube I haven't really searched for other reviewers.

"see here - watch - follow - achieve & stfu"

Old 28-12-10, 12:01 PM

3dgameman is like an informercial at 3:00am. I don't think I've ever seen him level serious criticism at a product, and everything is "great" or "kickass." It's silly. He's the Billy Mays of youtube tech reviews. I can watch Linus because he doesn't claim to be a reviewer, he's just unboxing stuff.

TTL is where it's at, he's honest, down to earth, and makes just enough jokes to keep things lighthearted. He also actually talks to the community instead of ignoring everyone.
Old 28-12-10, 03:44 PM
OC3D Elite

TTL is my favourite because he's down to earth, informative and has reviews of products that I'm interested in eg. MSI Fuzion Power Edition and Lancool K62R1

Other guys I watch:

tjharlow: Too bad he stopped making videos, does anyone know what happened to him?

Linus: Save myself the embarrassment by watching him struggle with unboxings! Also does give some good advice on his NCIXcom channel

TechReviews2010: Because he's Australian, and I'm Australian too. NATIONAL PRIDE!

Avoid:

3DGAMEMAN: Unless you want to watch an informerical that always ends with 100% Kick Ass

TigerDirectBlog: Refer to line above
Old 29-12-10, 09:22 AM
Advanced Member

I sub to Linus Tech tips, he proves you can be cool and nerdy at the same time. Zeals, i used to love TJHarlow too, i got so much info from his him, his vids helped me so much on my build. not sure what happened to him, he said someone hijacked his facebook and that he has to stop doing the builds, as his work (or the taxman) are seeing it as a business not a hobby or something, real shame as that guy was awesome. I sub to Darksydephill as well he does console game playthrus, he's loud, funny and in you face, but without being annoying

used to sub TigerDirectBlog, but once i wised up that they are effrectively just reading what someone else has written for them, I unsubbed

"if you cant afford to the buy the best, then buy the best you can afford"
Old 29-12-10, 12:48 PM

ttl

linus

tj when he was about

maxishine

motherboards ... don't know why lol just extra stuff to watch..

vortex review

trib woah!

epicpccases

3dgameman.. thou recently he reviews are crap and just general presentation is crap..

westcoastmods

load of other mod channels..
Old 04-01-11, 03:43 AM
OC3D Crew

whoa, maxishine yeah...not because he does awesome reviews, just cause he's usually one of the first to four way sli or xfire the biggest and the best lol. Just like his crazy Sr-2 board. That guy has way too much moolah.

[media]
Corsair GS600
XFX Double D 7950 OC
MSI P67A-G43
Crucial M4 128gb
Old 04-01-11, 10:19 AM
OC3D Elite

I only like Tom's

The Iron is the best antidepressant I have ever found. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength. Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it’s impossible to turn back.